Advice on plan setup

14 years 3 weeks ago #127848 by chuckbone
Advice on plan setup was created by chuckbone
Greetings,

Everything is going well with CBSubs, and I was just posting here in hopes I culd get some input as to the best way for setting this up.

The site I have has a couple types of membership: newsletter only or newsletter and access to custom material in a custom component. The access to the custom material depends on what they pay. Here's the setup:

Newsletter only plan: 29.99/mo -- Base plan gives access to paid content

Content plans (includes newsletter access):
1 unit of content: 99.99 * 1 = $99.99/mo
2 units of content: 89.99 * 2 = $179.99/mo
3 units of content: 79.99 * 3 = $239.99/mo
Each additional content unit: 79.99/mo extra

To determine these content units I'm just using a custom field with the field integrations plugin, where the first three content plans set it at 1, 2, or 3. The additional plan can be subscribed to multiple times and adds 1 to the custom field.

My question is what is the best way to set this up? I don't want free registered users, so they must pay for one of the four plans (newsletter, 1, 2, 3) to gain access. These four plans are also exclusive, only one may be subscribed to at a time. Only users who are subscribed to the 3 unit plan should be able to subscribe to the extra unit plan.

I hope that all makes sense, and if someone in the know could help me with the best way to set this up I'd appreciate it. There's nothing really in the CB Subs documentation about child plans so I wasn't sure which direction to proceed. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #127933 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Advice on plan setup
Setting up your plan structure is a matter of trial error, using a development install it's recommended to simply keep trying combination's until you've reached a satisfactory configuration. Please see following proposed example.

Parent :: 1 Unit - Exclusive, Allow Upgrade

Parent :: 2 Units - Exclusive, Allow Upgrade

Parent :: 3 Units - Exclusive, Allow Upgrade
Child :: Additional - non-Exclusive

The above should structure your plans as you're wanting, but you'll then also need to use CBSubs Fields and configure it as necessary for each plan to incrementally adjust a CB field such as "cb_subscriptions". You can create this field within Field Management of CB. I recommend setting the Field to Read Only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds