Parent & child plans

13 years 11 months ago #129176 by MarkRS
Parent & child plans was created by MarkRS
I've got magazine subscription plans, priced depending on location.

I've implemented a "magazine subscription" plan as a parent with no cost and the four individual priced options as exclusive children.
This is generally ok. I don't really want to remove the parent because the site has extensive content controlled by subscription and doing this in one place rather than four is a big effort saver.

The problem I have is the free parent plan is appearing in subscriber's profiles and on the invoice generated.

This is quite a nuisance onscreen where space is at a bit of a premium.

On the invoice I've managed to remove any text for this plan but "Free" still appears in the price column.

Is there another way to organise this so it doesn't appear in these places? It's not a major problem, but...

Regards
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129229 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Parent & child plans
Unfortunately, no; you could use CSS to hide the price but it would also hide the price for all other plans, which of course would not be good. I suggest simply leaving on the invoice display so users know more specifically what they are subscribing to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133157 by royce
Replied by royce on topic Re:Parent & child plans
I and several other also have this issue. It would be better if the Parent plan had some option where it was just used as a grouping for the child plans, and not a real ( in this case, free) plan.

Hopefully that will make it into the next release.

Post edited by: royce, at: 2010/05/16 02:30

13 years 10 months ago #133284 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Parent & child plans
royce wrote:

I and several other also have this issue. It would be better if the Parent plan had some option where it was just used as a grouping for the child plans, and not a real ( in this case, free) plan.

Hopefully that will make it into the next release.

Post edited by: royce, at: 2010/05/16 02:30

Such feature is not planned, sorry. Parent plans aren't meant to be used for simply grouping purposes (although they can be). It's generally advise to simply leave this information on invoice however so the user is more aware of what they are subscribing too (the more information the better when handling finances).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.102 seconds