advice setting up pricing options for each plan

14 years 2 weeks ago #129193 by ThePiston
I'm setting up 5 paid plans for a large medical association. Members pay more year after year until they are "Full" members at 5 years. They currently use all manual registrations via checks, snail mail, and hand-entered credit cards. They want to keep everything the same with regards to the options with which member can pay. Here are their current payment options:

1) Save $50 by paying with check before a deadline
(all the rest after deadline)
2) Pay in full with credit card
3) Pay in full with check
4) Pay over 3 installments with credit card

My questions is how to go about setting this up? My plan right now is to have 5 parent plans (for years 1-5)and set up each different payment type as a child plan. Should I make the Parent plan free or use the most common type of payment option for it? This will be up to 20 plans - is that going to be really complicated to my users?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129218 by krileon
5 parent plans with the 3 children each is likely your best approach; making the parent plan free and 1 year duration of course (ensure child plans are exclusive and 1 year duration).

For your 3 child plans you could then use 3 offline payment gateways and utilizing the "Owner ID" parameter on each one. Plan 1 and Gateway 1 using Owner ID 1, thus only that gateway will show on Plan 1. You can name it appropriately so you may distinguish from backend how each user paid (or simply distinguish based on price). This will assist with backend manual payment/activation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129242 by ThePiston
thanks - so when you say make the Prent Plan free, does that mean they will actually show as having 2 Plans?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

14 years 2 weeks ago #129284 by krileon
ThePiston wrote:

thanks - so when you say make the Prent Plan free, does that mean they will actually show as having 2 Plans?

Yes it will display as having two plans. As they are in fact 2 different plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn