Model/Agency Use Case not in CB Subs pdf

13 years 11 months ago #131646 by video
I thought this use scenario would be in the CB Subs pdf since it's given in the main sales docs and I'm having a hard time figuring out a smart and logical solution for my client. I've looked throughout the forums on "model agency" and can't find any extra "Use Cases" like in chapter 11.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could post the Use Case for a model agency where there is:

Plan 1 - a free subscription mostly geared to the "Talent or Models" that work for the company (whose site this is) directly and must adhere to the Terms & Conditions specific to the company as opposed to different Terms for the next 2 plans. This plan requires a resume to be uploaded as well as 3 photos uploaded in the gallery. The uploaded resumes need to be easily accessed by my client in a way that she can know whose profile it comes from although the resume should make that plain;) I've got the newest (1.5 native) Docman which I've never dealt with. It would be easiest if all resume downloading for this plan and the other 2 could be done from a users profile tab.

Plan 2 - The 2nd paid plan would be for model/talent to be able to pay on a monthly or discounted annual basis and upload several pict's to the gallery as well as a resume in either .pdf, .doc, .rtf, or .txt, and maybe in a "Plan 2A" have a blog and possibly other features provided by new plugins (like groups) for a little extra payment.

Plan 3 - The 3rd plan would be where people pay a monthly/discounted annual fee to search the db (user lists/profiles of Plan 2 & 2A) for models/talent. The lists could be searched for eye color, waist size, age, etc. and also a resume that the talent uploads could be downloaded from the profile tabs as previously mentioned.

The 1st Plan should allow upgrades to the 2nd Plan but not cause a conflict of interest for my client with her clients. In other words she wouldn't want her clients to be able to connect or contact the talent in plan #1 working specifically for her per the Terms mentioned in the 1st Plan or have her talent contact her clients. This solution would allow the Talent (upgraded from Plan 1 to Plan 2) to look for outside work (only with Plan #3 agents) as well, so long as it's not for a client she already has a contract with. I have created a Proposal Form to allow my client to keep her clientele separate from this system and yet if someone here sees a way to get them into a Plan without a conflict of interestB)

I'm not sure of allowing public access to these User Lists, but if so then the "Contact Info" tab and others would be invisible to the non registered public. The only problem I foresee with this is people who want to milk the system will fill out the fields incorrectly to get "Contact Info" into the "User Info". Also there is a "website:" row in the "User Info" tab I would want hidden.

I hope I'm not leaving anything to guess work and that the CB Team and/or others will help me out with this Use Case. I think we can iron this out easily and create another specific solution for those needing something similar in scope. Thanks!

Post edited by: video, at: 2010/04/29 00:37

Regards,

Scott

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131681 by nant
video wrote:

I thought this use scenario would be in the CB Subs pdf since it's given in the main sales docs and I'm having a hard time figuring out a smart and logical solution for my client. I've looked throughout the forums on "model agency" and can't find any extra "Use Cases" like in chapter 11.

Will try and address your questions.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could post the Use Case for a model agency where there is:

Plan 1 - a free subscription mostly geared to the "Talent or Models" that work for the company (whose site this is) directly and must adhere to the Terms & Conditions specific to the company as opposed to different Terms for the next 2 plans. This plan requires a resume to be uploaded as well as 3 photos uploaded in the gallery. The uploaded resumes need to be easily accessed by my client in a way that she can know whose profile it comes from although the resume should make that plain;) I've got the newest (1.5 native) Docman which I've never dealt with. It would be easiest if all resume downloading for this plan and the other 2 could be done from a users profile tab.

You can use the CB file field plugin to create a resume field that users can access even during the registration process.

You can't really force them to upload 3 pics in any gallery during registration (as far as I know, there is no such gallery available that does this).

I guess you could use the CB image field type to add 3 image fields to your profile and also make them mandatory during registration as an alternative.

Plan 2 - The 2nd paid plan would be for model/talent to be able to pay on a monthly or discounted annual basis and upload several pict's to the gallery as well as a resume in either .pdf, .doc, .rtf, or .txt, and maybe in a "Plan 2A" have a blog and possibly other features provided by new plugins (like groups) for a little extra payment.

This should be doable using the CB Gallery plugin. You can trigger off the plan and modify the CB quota fields for users in this plan. You can also totally protect the CB Profile gallery tab also against this plan if you want.

Plan 3 - The 3rd plan would be where people pay a monthly/discounted annual fee to search the db (user lists/profiles of Plan 2 & 2A) for models/talent. The lists could be searched for eye color, waist size, age, etc. and also a resume that the talent uploads could be downloaded from the profile tabs as previously mentioned.

You should be able to create such a userlist and protect it against the plan.

The 1st Plan should allow upgrades to the 2nd Plan but not cause a conflict of interest for my client with her clients. In other words she wouldn't want her clients to be able to connect or contact the talent in plan #1 working specifically for her per the Terms mentioned in the 1st Plan or have her talent contact her clients. This solution would allow the Talent (upgraded from Plan 1 to Plan 2) to look for outside work (only with Plan #3 agents) as well, so long as it's not for a client she already has a contract with. I have created a Proposal Form to allow my client to keep her clientele separate from this system and yet if someone here sees a way to get them into a Plan without a conflict of interestB)

Somethings are doable and somethings are not.
You cannot block who connects with whom - you can block access to the connection tab as a whole.

I'm not sure of allowing public access to these User Lists, but if so then the "Contact Info" tab and others would be invisible to the non registered public. The only problem I foresee with this is people who want to milk the system will fill out the fields incorrectly to get "Contact Info" into the "User Info". Also there is a "website:" row in the "User Info" tab I would want hidden.

I hope I'm not leaving anything to guess work and that the CB Team and/or others will help me out with this Use Case. I think we can iron this out easily and create another specific solution for those needing something similar in scope. Thanks!

Post edited by: video, at: 2010/04/29 00:37

You can use tabsfields protect feature to handle most of this I guess.

As you can see every use case is different. I hope the feedback given above help you take your case to the next level.

Sounds like some aspects need to be rethought (e.g., connections issue).

13 years 11 months ago #131693 by video
Hi Nant,

Thanks for the reply! I thought this forum was more of a help rather then pre-sales type of questions and since I did pay the subscription I thought I was in the correct one. If not, please let me know which forum is better suited to something more of a step by step help. Otherwise I'll try to start part of the process in writing the steps out because even after reading the pdf fairly extensive, I still feel blind:dry:

In answer to your reply I'll note below then try to start the process in another reply after it's hopefully clearer. I really need a kick start:unsure:

nant wrote:

Will try and address your questions.

Plan 1 - a free subscription mostly geared to the "Talent or Models" that work for the company (whose site this is) directly and must adhere to the Terms & Conditions specific to the company as opposed to different Terms for the next 2 plans. This plan requires a resume to be uploaded as well as 3 photos uploaded in the gallery. The uploaded resumes need to be easily accessed by my client in a way that she can know whose profile it comes from although the resume should make that plain. I've got the newest (1.5 native) Docman which I've never dealt with. It would be easiest if all resume downloading for this plan and the other 2 could be done from a users profile tab.

You can use the CB file field plugin to create a resume field that users can access even during the registration process.

Are you thinking 1 field to paste a whole resume into? The idea was to use Docman to allow Plan 1 or Plan 2 subscriptions to upload pdf, doc, etc. to a directory accessible to Plan 3 subscribers or Admin only. Of course giving the owner of the resume access within their own profile tab and no other Plan 1 or Plan 2 subscribers access, is a good question? And I really need direction on how to put CB Subs together with Docman as you do in the cb subs pdf in ch. 11.1.1 for Remository. Maybe uploading these into the Gallery is utilized? But that doesn't seem as clean and professionally organized? Being able to click and either download it or view pdf (probably not doc, rtf, etc.) in lightbox from a separate "resume" tab would be best I think. I'm sure there are some with knowledge as to the wisdom of this?

You can't really force them to upload 3 pics in any gallery during registration (as far as I know, there is no such gallery available that does this).

I guess you could use the CB image field type to add 3 image fields to your profile and also make them mandatory during registration as an alternative.

Yea, guess I didn't make it very clear that we'll probably have to note that "those who don't fulfill all requirements won't be considered" and they can then use CB Gallery which was the intention;-) Your answer of 3 image fields does present an idea though that might be cool. Maybe not make them required at the time of registration but put the note next to the fields. So then you have the registration version and the version from their profile gallery tab? How do I create the directory and connect those image fields to upload to it?

This should be doable using the CB Gallery plugin. You can trigger off the plan and modify the CB quota fields for users in this plan. You can also totally protect the CB Profile gallery tab also against this plan if you want.

monthly or discounted annual basis?
Does the upgrade automatically carry over their 3 pict's and allow them to upload more depending on upgrade to Plan 2 or 2a? Essentially I guess you copy the Plan with more/less features and then either subtract/add the features needed for the differences between the 2 plans utilizing the fields-tabs protect plugin? How to include/not include the blog tab, etc.? Is "fields-tab protect" hiding a field or tab? If correct or not, how could you please tell me how?

You should be able to create such a userlist and protect it against the plan.

So the userlist is created, how is it protected from 1 plan and viewed by the other?

Somethings are doable and somethings are not.
You cannot block who connects with whom - you can block access to the connection tab as a whole.

So you might be able to block Plan 3 from connecting to Plan 1 and visa versa, but not be able to block Plan 3 with up-graders to Plan 2 if you're going to allow Plan 3 to see contact/connections information. I thought you might be able to place a "marker" or something on the Plan 1 up-graders and now realize that a "Client Plan" will need to be generated from our "Proposal Request Form" as created in Chronoforms. I guess then those can be blocked from all the other Plans and User Lists. Can you block or hide the connection tab totally from a plan?

You can use tabsfields protect feature to handle most of this I guess.

As you can see every use case is different. I hope the feedback given above help you take your case to the next level.

Sounds like some aspects need to be rethought (e.g., connections issue).

Hope this is "rethought" a little clearer for anyone else looking for answers.:)

Regards,

Scott

13 years 11 months ago #131850 by video
I really need help on this since I'm not able to continue till I know that I've re-thought this out correctly. I was thinking about writing out the steps starting with Docman much like is done in the Use Case for Ch. 11.1 for a "Download Club". Is there a CB Subs Docman plugin? Could someone please help me start the steps for Docman since I'm not seeing the correlation to Remository?

Regards,

Scott

13 years 11 months ago #131883 by nant
video wrote:

I really need help on this since I'm not able to continue till I know that I've re-thought this out correctly. I was thinking about writing out the steps starting with Docman much like is done in the Use Case for Ch. 11.1 for a "Download Club". Is there a CB Subs Docman plugin? Could someone please help me start the steps for Docman since I'm not seeing the correlation to Remository?

This forum is just fine.

The filefield plugin will allow you to create a CB file field which can accept the resume file. This way you do not need to use DOCman for this.

So users will not copy paste their resume, they will just upload there resume pdf or doc or whatever file format you allow. Your admins can then see this file and act accordingly. I suggest you visit your Doc-Subs tab in you Joomlapolis profile and download the Ajax file field plugin and play with it.

The image field will also accept an image file and automatically store it and show it in profile (also accessible from backend admins).

You can protect the userlist using URL parts method.

You can only block people from using the connection feature, you cannot partially block connections. Think of it as a door that you can close or open - it cannot be left half open.

13 years 11 months ago #133455 by video
Thanks Nant! Filefield plugin works greatB)

Setup 4 plans (The thought was to create 2 free parent plans that could both be upgraded to paid child plans):
~Plan 1
Lifetime Subscription for Free.
~Plan 1a
6 months for 90.00

~Plan 2
Lifetime Subscription for Free.
~Plan 2a
12 months for 250.00

Plan 1 won't have the ProfileBlog while Plan 1a & 2 should. The CB Subs Manual on page 199-200 isn't working for me even in the simplest test (A.1 Tab availability set yes; owner plans to Plan1, 2 set to No). After saving the settings there is still a ProfileBlog tab with "Add new blog entry". Could someone PLEASE Help! This is taking the most time of anything I've done with Joomla including hacks and many other 3rd party extensions and getting help with 1 answer per day is like watching a snail go a mile.

The other problem is now trying to get Plan 1 so that it only offers 3 pict uploads in the Profile Gallery while Plan 2 offers 10+. I've tried looking in these forums for the answers and tried utilizing the CB Fields _pg_EnableProfileGallery with value=3, field=value and nothing changes in the Profile Gallery tab either:S

Again, PLEASE, my client is eagerly awaiting this site to be done and everything else is in place! :unsure: They are actually wanting to launch with the free plans and to do the others later, but with your help I think we can finish this sooner;)

Post edited by: video, at: 2010/05/19 14:16

Regards,

Scott

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn