[SOLVED] setting up the plans a few more ?s

13 years 11 months ago #132262 by muthumbi
I am waiting for someone to help me out. I want to be sure of what to do. I haven't successfully drawn out what i need. Is this issue to do with child plans and how do i go about it? Please help out. :(

This is what i had asked previously.

Question 1:- I have 4 plans Gold Diamond Saphire and personal. Any member who registers in any plan can choose if to pay every 3 months, 6 months 1 year or 2 years. The more months one pays the more he attracts a discount. I want to have a discount for each depending on months selected. How do i go about setting these plans?
EXAMPLE.
GOLD
3 MONTHS (no discount)
6 MONTHS (10%)
1 YEAR (20%)
2 YEARS (30%)

Personal plan can upgrade to gold, diamond or saphire.
Personal Plan is Yearly.

Question 2:
Another question is if I can be able to utilize cbsubs to capture sales for ijoomla ad agency component instead of using it for payment so that i can treat adverts as products and all i have to do after payment is to activate an ad after someone has paid through cb subs. or how well can i do it? Please advise.

Question 3:-
Is it possible to restrict the number of articles a cb user can post depending on the plan subscribed? If so, how? Which plugin is used to allow the cb users to post directly in their profiles?

Thank you!

Post edited by: muthumbi, at: 2010/05/05 13:36

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/02 18:07

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132307 by krileon

Question 1

Dynamic pricing is not provided, sorry. You should manually adjust their price based off the duration. For example if 1 month is 10$ then a year would be $120, so make a yearly subscription $100 and the user would receive a $20 discount due to subscribing to one year. Keep in mind this is dynamic simply set the yearly plans price accordingly.

Question 2

CBSubs can not capture sales outside of it self; it's not a payment gateway. You could protect aspects of the extension using CBSubs and once a user subscribes gain access to XYZ aspect of said extension.

Question 3

No, such feature in Joomlas content system does not exist. CBSubs can not add features to extensions or protect features that do not exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132329 by muthumbi
Thanks Kyle, i appreciate. I understand for Q2 and 3. I will find a way out.

For Q1, I still feel that my problem is still there but can be solved. I would like to treat my case with an understanding that some users can only afford to subscribe for a product for 3 months others 6 months while others 1 year. Is my case calling for child plans? Take for example joomlapolis cbsubs, some users can afford only to pay for 500users package while others can pay for the unlimited. My case is not different as i want to give options for those who can afford to pay a whole year but still give a chance to others to pay for three months. Hope you get what am saying.

Thanks

13 years 11 months ago #132410 by krileon
For your multiple price scenario all need be is multiple plans protecting the same content, but with different durations and price. Easiest approach is create 1 plan; protecting everything you want it to protect. Then copy that plan and rename, adjust price, adjust duration. Example as follows (all plans to be exclusive and allow upgrade).

Plan 1:
Duration = 1 month
Price = $10

Plan 2:
Duration = 3 months (half month free)
Price = $25

Plan 3:
Duration = 6 months (1 month free)
Price = $50

Plan 4:
Duration = 1 year (2 months free)
Price = $100

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134095 by muthumbi
Replied by muthumbi on topic Re:I am somehow my way through but...
I have followed your advice and it is working. After creating all the plans and they are so many for presentation, how easy can i present them? Just like you have done with the cbsubs choices?

Example
Gold Plan
Monthly
3months
6months
1year

After selecting an option eg monthly, the price shows up in a lable. eg 20$

How do i present that?

Thanks

13 years 10 months ago #134237 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I am somehow my way through but...
Best approach is to make all the plans child plans of a parent plan then edit the parent plan and set Hide children plans if unselected: to Yes on the presentation tab. This will hide your plans until a user selects the parent plan to subscribe. Sorry there is no other known solution to dynamically hide prices, etc.. The drop-down plan selection we use for CBSubs is not yet (if ever will be) available for public usage.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/29 18:33

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn