Subscription module

13 years 11 months ago #133117 by bgies
Subscription module was created by bgies
I'm probably missing something REALLY obvious here, but I've been cruising the forums and don't see an answer that fits exactly what I'm trying to do.

First, let me say that the Subscription module works really well.

Right now, when I am logged in I see the top level upgrade options in the module, but I don't want to see them when I am logged in because at that point I've already chosen one of them, and I think that being able to upgrade from the "Profile" is good enough.

BUT... if I'm not logged in I don't see the upgrade options at all.

What I want to do is have the Subscription module show the "Top Level" only upgrade options for Guests, but not for registered users.

What settings do I have wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133291 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Subscription module

What I want to do is have the Subscription module show the "Top Level" only upgrade options for Guests, but not for registered users.

Don't believe this is possible. You could hide plans from guests by setting their frontend access to Registered (see plans Access tab), but not hide the plans from registered users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #133303 by bgies
Replied by bgies on topic Re:Subscription module
Ok... thanks... I was thinking I would just edit the module myself, and add a param to "show for Guests", and submit it as a patch for you, but when I went to look at the code, it's encrypted :). Any reason the module needs to be encrypted?

I guess I can write my own module just for Guests, and that should work fairly well. Your .css file isn't encrypted so I should be able to make it look the same with a little guesswork.

It would be a nice thing to add the ability to fine tune exactly who sees the module, and what plans are shown by their current subscription (of lack of) though. I would do it for you, if you wanted to send me the original code :).

I do appreciate the response, and so far, I am extremely happy with the entire CBSubs suite of plugins...

13 years 11 months ago #133305 by bgies
Replied by bgies on topic Re:Subscription module
Sorry... forgot to mention that currently the module is visible for Guests, but no plans or upgrade options are showing for them, so it's just the header showing.

My settings for my Free Membership Plan (on the Access tab) are :

Visible for Group (and above this group): Public Front end

My Subscribers User access level settings
User Group: is registered.

Shouldn't the Free Membership Plan show to Guests with these settings?

I don't mind too much not being able to hide the Top Level Plans for registered users because I do want to show them their upgrade options.

13 years 11 months ago #133382 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Subscription module

Shouldn't the Free Membership Plan show to Guests with these settings?

Is your plan set to allow new registrations? or show on registration? If not, what happens when you configure it to do so? Is the plan set to be visible on frontend? Can registered users see the plan? Is the Subscription tab set to public and published in Tab Management?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds