[SOLVED] Exception to an access restriction

13 years 10 months ago #135113 by kevincam
Here's my situation. I have setup Phoca Gallery and I have set it so that anyone can see the Gallery Categories that have been setup, but when they try to view the actual photos in a gallery, CBSubs kicks in and says you need a subscription. I'd like to be able to allow only one gallery viewable as a sample.

So it would be nice if I could say have a rule that says block access to all galleries except the one I choose.

Is this possible?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/10 23:30

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135129 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Exception to an access restriction
Really depends on how the URL is constructed in your Gallery.

If you can find a URL part that is specific to the one gallery category you want to allow, then you would need to protect all other categories and leave this one unprotected.

13 years 10 months ago #135132 by kevincam
Replied by kevincam on topic Re:Exception to an access restriction
Yeah, I could do that, but the problem with doing that is that every time I create a new gallery, I would have to go back through all the plans and add it to the list. It would be better if I could just exclude the one from CBSubs and that would be end of story. But I'm assuming that's not possible, so I'll have to figure something else out, like installing another type of gallery to be the one that's excluded.

Hopefully something like an CBSubs bypass can be added in the future.

13 years 10 months ago #135163 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Exception to an access restriction
If I understand correctly you want all but 1 category protected? You could just protect the entire extension on the Extensions tab of your plans Integrations tab. This would make it easier, but you'd then be protecting ALL categories (thus the 1 you want not protected will be protected). Not sure what further to advise. Nick has provided the best solution for your needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135205 by kevincam
Replied by kevincam on topic Re:Exception to an access restriction
Ok, so then it's confirmed. I just wanted to be sure there wasn't a simple way to do this that I was just missing.

It looks like I'll just have to use a completely different photo gallery extension for the sample gallery.

To have to change all the plans to include newly created albums would be a nightmare.

Thanks anyway. I hope maybe something like this could be rolled into the program at some point. Maybe add a box under the one where you add the non-SEF'd urls that would instead of restricting, would un-restrict.

Thanks for the support.

Post edited by: kevincam, at: 2010/06/09 20:34

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.597 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn