subscription access to individual files only

13 years 9 months ago #136761 by martin3432
Dears,

how can we setup a subscription plan where a user gets access (within DOCMAN) to just her/his files, only.
We want to create deliverables for individual users, and offer them as download using DOCMAN. Others shall not see these files.

Does this work with DOCMAN? If not, does this work with VIRTUEMART?

Kind regards,
M.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/06/30 11:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136828 by krileon
CBSubs Docman integration will allow assigning a user to a group based on their subscription. CBSubs can not add features that do not exist, you'd need to configure Docman to provide what you're wanting. More then likely you do not need to assign users to a specific group, but rather when adding files simply set the permission level to the user (latest releases of Docman supports this).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #136836 by martin3432
Replied by martin3432 on topic Re:subscription access to individual files only
Hi Krileon,

thanks for your reply.
Yes I know that with DOCMAN I can use the feature to grant access to files for individuals.

BUT how can I automate this with CBSubs? How can I configure it in a way where it becomes possible, that the individual gets access to that one individual file not before he payed (merchandise plan?) for it?

Or do I have to convert to Virtuemart for this?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
M.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/06/30 11:42

13 years 9 months ago #136849 by nant
Trying to understand the use case.

If you have a fixed set of download packages, then you can protect each package using a DOCman permissions group and CBSubs can automatically add/remove a user to/from this DOCman group when a CBSubs plan is subscribed to / unsubscribed from.

However, if you will be creating on the fly product packages, then I think its a different ball game.

13 years 9 months ago #136982 by martin3432
Replied by martin3432 on topic Re:subscription access to individual files only
Hi,

this is not about fixed download packages.
This is about deliverables, that get generated on request by members of this site. After the deliverables are ready, the member will receive an email so that s/he can access the portal and then download his/her individual prepared deliverable.

Thats the plan - hopefully possible with CBSubs and either Docman or VM.

This can not get handled by groups in Docman because it is not possible to setup groups based on specific usernames upfront. By this it would be possible to put users into "their" own groups and remove them afterwards (expiry of subscription). But then it would be essential to setup individual subscription plans for every single member, so that the groups in Docman can get used.

I need something more flexible - something that just allows individual downloadable content for individual members - on request and after their payment.

Can this get solved somehow - or could I even buy consulting services from you, to set this up?

Kind regards,
Martin

13 years 9 months ago #137033 by krileon
CBSubs does not provide such a feature. I suppose you could do something like use CBSubs Emails or the Presentation tab emails to send an attachment, but as far as generating 1 time use downloads or something CBSubs does not do. Nor can CBSubs add features that do not exist in an extension already. Perhaps you should look into some other Extension then Docman to handle your needs?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn