Parent Child Plans question

13 years 4 months ago #147893 by doitsolutions
Parent Child Plans question was created by doitsolutions
Hello,

Quick question here.

I want to set up 2 parent plans (models) and (agents) but I don't want these to charge the client, I simply want them to flow through to show the corrosponding child items and let them sign up to one of those directly.
Eg. I don't want it to show that they have subscribed to "Model" and "Models Basic Plan", just to show the one subscription of "Models Basic Plan".

Am I doing this right? I want to use the parent child feature so that if they want to upgrade later it only offers them the other child plans of the parent they are under (eg. Models only see model plans to upgrade to).

Thanks for you help. The manual is great, just having trouble finding the part that clarifies this specifically.

Michael A.

Edit:
I found this thread:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,89/id,133284/#133284
It looks like I want a "Plan categories" feature which you don't (I think) have. This would be great, correct me if there is a better way though.
Thanks,

Michael A.

Post edited by: doitsolutions, at: 2010/12/06 17:28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147907 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re:Parent Child Plans question
I have been trying to experiment with this and i have found that even though I have 5 plans entered they all don't let me select another plan as their parent (the only option is "TOP"). I seem to be doing it right from the manual, any suggestions?

Edit:
I have read this post but no luck:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,110/id,114156/#114156
I can confirm that all my plans have aliases and are enabled.

Post edited by: doitsolutions, at: 2010/12/06 18:24

13 years 4 months ago #147949 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Parent Child Plans question

I have 5 plans entered they all don't let me select another plan as their parent (the only option is "TOP")

This is actually a known bug with CBSubs 1.1 which we are promptly fixing for a quick release (hopefully tomorrow) of CBSubs 1.1.1.

As for your plan setup yes this would seam most appropriate. There really isn't a category type feature. Using free parents is the best approach, but don't see how you could really hide them without causing them to not be subscribe-able as you must have the parent to subscribe to the child.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147966 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re:Parent Child Plans question
Thanks,

Once this bug is fixed I will put the plans under their parents. I assume then that means the user needs to select the parent plan before then selecing a child to go with it (2 subscriptions). I have a cool looking feature comparison table module which I wanted to link directly to the now child plans. I assume that if I link straight to these children plans it will not work as the user has not first selected the parent at one point.

I might look in to the SQL integration, perhaps somebody has already come up with a way to sign up the user to the parent subscription when the child is selected after being linked to directly (from my comparison table module). (AM I barking up the wrong tree?)

Cheers.
Mihcael A.

13 years 4 months ago #147974 by mojoos
Replied by mojoos on topic Re:Parent Child Plans question
I hope this can be released soon as I have upgrade plans from beginner to intermediate to advanced.
Advanced plans can only be avaiable on intermediate members. i don't have problems with beginner and intermediate. but i can't get advanced plan to appear on the upgrades even for the intermediate members.

This bug fix is probably the solution.

Cheers

13 years 4 months ago #148254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Parent Child Plans question
CBSubs 1.1.1 has already been released with this bug fixed. Please download and install to resolve.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds