how 2 config cbsubs tabs protect 4 my plans

13 years 4 months ago #148907 by daywalker0028
how 2 config cbsubs tabs protect 4 my plans was created by daywalker0028
I seem to be experiencing a conflict with my CBsubs Tabs Protect settings.

I'm trying to restrict access to a certain profile tab in order to hide all fields within the tab for free users and display the tab and its fields for paid subscriber plans (#3, #3a, #4, #4a - see plans summary below).

I think the problem stems from the fact that my free user plan remains an active plan even when a user upgrades to a paid subscriber.
This is causing a conflict for the Tabs Protect setting.

The paid subscriber plan is setup to be an upgrade from the free plan. Therefore, when a user upgrades, the free plan remains active and continues to restrict/hide the Tab....

...or maybe I'm not comprehending the tabs protect settings.

The way I want the settings to work:

restrict/hide tab to every free viewer (#1) when the owner is a free entertainer (#2), but display the tab to everyone if the owner is a paid entertainer (#4, #4a)

If the viewer is a paid subscriber (#3, #3a), tab is visible.

When the owner is a free user, the tab should be visible to only the owner himself, but hidden from every free viewer.

I'm using the detailed visibility settings.

I hope that by displaying my CBsubs settings, you'll be able to help me configure my settings.

summary of my plan structure:
#1 free viewer plan
#2 free entertainer plan
#3 paid viewer
#3a premium paid viewer
#4 paid entertainer
#4a premium paid entertainer

My CBsubs Tabs Protect Settings are:

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions:
"Yes, cbsubs control detailed tab access"

A. Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:

Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile:
#3, #3a, #4, #4a

2) For Profile owner himself:
"Yes, owners tab available for profile owner"

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions:
"Yes, viewers cbsubs controls detailed visibility"

B. Visibility depending on Viewer's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:

Viewer Plans controlling tab visibility by viewer
#3, #3a

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148958 by krileon
Don't quite understand what you're trying to accomplish. With the above configuration the following will have access to the tab.

#3, #3a, #4, #4a, Profile Owner

Please understand the parameter Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: means exactly what is stated. If the profile owner is subscribed to Plan 4 then the tab will be visible on profile.

Based on your configuration believe the below is how to interpret.

If Profile Owner is subscribed #3, #3a, #4, #4a then display Tab. If Profile Owner is not subscribed to #3, #3a, #4, #4a and Profile Viewer is subscribed to #3, #3a then display Tab. Regardless of configured Profile Owner always to access tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148983 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:how 2 config cbsubs tabs protect 4 my plans
krileon wrote:

Don't quite understand what you're trying to accomplish. With the above configuration the following will have access to the tab.

#3, #3a, #4, #4a, Profile Owner

Based on your configuration believe the below is how to interpret.

If Profile Owner is subscribed #3, #3a, #4, #4a then display Tab. If Profile Owner is not subscribed to #3, #3a, #4, #4a and Profile Viewer is subscribed to #3, #3a then display Tab. Regardless of configured Profile Owner always to access tab.

You do understand my intentions correctly. And according to you, my settings should function correctly, but for some reason, when I test it by logging in with a paid viewer account (#3) and click on a free entertainer's profile (#2), the protected Tab is still hidden.

This is why I wasn't sure if I misinterpreted the settings (which it seems I have not) or if there is some solution to this.

If you'd need to go into the admin account to inspect, please let me know.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

13 years 4 months ago #149078 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials as well as step by step instructions to duplicate your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150712 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:how 2 config cbsubs tabs protect 4 my plans
Thanks for your assistance.
I hope the following information helps you understand what I want to accomplish with the cbSubs Tabs Protect.

I want to hide four fields from the ‘Contact Info’ profile tab so these fields cannot be viewed by free user plans.

CB Fields to be protected:

cb_telephone

cb_phone2

cb_website

email

CBsubs Plans which should control visibility:

If the Profile Owner subscribes to either of these two plans, then the Contact Info Tab fields should be visible to all viewers.
A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions:
A. Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions
1) For other viewers:

Featured Entertainer

Vip Service Provider

If Viewers are subscribers to either of these plans, then the Contact Info Tab fields should be visible even if the profile owner is a free subscriber (basic profile)

(see CBsubs Plans for the alias name of each plan)

VIP Viewer

High Roller

Keep in mind that I’ve tried to configure only the settings from CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect: Tab CB Subs preferences.
However, if it’s necessary to accomplish my end result, I’m willing to use the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect: Field CB Subs preferences (from Components > Community Builder > Field Management)instead or a combination of both.

So if you need to combine both to protect the designated fields, please feel free to change the settings.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

13 years 3 months ago #150766 by krileon

Joomla 1.5.21

Latest is 1.5.22, please upgrade

CBSubs 1.0.3

Please upgrade to CBSubs 1.1.2 and confirm if issue is still present. You're significantly out of date and are having issues we've resolved already.

Once done upgrade please reply if you're still having issues. It's important to maintain an up to date installation as we are continuously fixing issues with each release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn