how 2 config cbsubs tabs protect 4 my plans

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154543 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:how 2 config cbsubs tabs protect 4 my plans
Thanks again for your input thus far.

I think the problem/conflict i'm having stems from the fact that my plans are setup so that the free/base plan is a free lifetime subscription and therefor always selected.

I replicated the settings in Figure 231: UC5 Protecting Doc-Subs Tab visibility, but since I have 2 types of free plans, i selected not 1 but 2 plans under 1)For other viewers: > Viewer Plans controlling tab visibility by viewer

Thus, when I hide the contact info tab for viewers with free plans, it hides the contact info fields even if the viewer has an upgraded/paid subscription added to their base plan.

Should I change the way my free/basic plan is setup so that when a user upgrades, the basic plan is removed?
If so, please suggest a configuration.

or is there a way to use the CB Delimiter logic to show contact info (from free plans) so the fields are visible to paid/vip subscribers?

as per the example at (UC5 on page 361 of cbsubs_1.1.2_manual.pdf)

If so, please tell me how i can replicate the delimiter logic/condition from the manual so i can apply it to not just 1 but 2 different plans.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154620 by krileon

Should I change the way my free/basic plan is setup so that when a user upgrades, the basic plan is removed?

I don't know, setting up CBSubs is simply trial and error until you're satisfied with the results. Please try various configurations keeping an open mind that not everything is possible. Am not sure what more to advise, sorry.

or is there a way to use the CB Delimiter logic to show contact info (from free plans) so the fields are visible to paid/vip subscribers?

Yes this is also possible if you log to a field what plan the user is subscribed to then using advanced substitutions (IF statements) you can determine if information should display or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154897 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:how 2 config cbsubs tabs protect 4 my plans
I used the CB_delimiter field if statement example (from UC5 of the CBsubs manual) and it seems to be working well for 1 of my plans.

However, because I have two types of free & paid plans (free & paid viewers, free & paid entertainers), I need to configure an 'else' or 'else if' type of condition in order to display two different promotional messages - 1 message that is visible if the viewer has a free plan of type basic_viewer and another message that becomes visible if the viewer has a free plan of type basic_entertainer.

I inserted a 2nd instance of the manual's example condition, but that resulted in both delimiter messages showing up. Instead, I want to only display one or the other, depending on which type of free plan the viewer has.

Please provide an example snippet for an 'else' or 'else if' type of condition (or any other ideal solution) so i can implement one condition or the other instead of both.

Furthermore, by providing a code syntax example, you could also include it in the next version of the manual, since this is a much needed & very useful piece of info for a very common scenario.

For reference, this is the code i inserted into my delimiter field:
[cb:if user="#me" cb_vipentertainer!="1"]Hello [cb:userdata field="username" user="#me" /] why are you not a VIP? [/cb:if]

[cb:if user="#me" cb_vipviewer!="1"]Attention: [cb:userdata field="username" user="#me" /] Consider Upgrading to VIP Viewer status! [/cb:if]

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154899 by krileon
There is no else/elseif usage for substitutions. You need to add operators to your IF statement to ensure it only displays to the user you're wanting. You then need to duplicate that and make adjustments where necessary. Your code provided is exactly correct, but you need to add more operators to it so it shows as appropriately. Example as follows.

[cb:if user="#me" cb_vipviewer!="1" AND cb_vipentertainer="1"]Attention: [cb:userdata field="username" user="#me" /] Consider Upgrading to VIP Viewer status! [/cb:if]

This would mean the user would need to be a vipentertainer and NOT a vipviewer to see the message. Of course this may not be how you want it, but is simply an example of the usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155265 by daywalker0028
That info helps - somewhat, because once I used it, it did help to better control which delimiter field promo message displays for each plan. Thus, it does help in controlling the display of promotional messages.

But i'm still having trouble with protecting/hiding the contact info Tab/fields.

e.g.
Whenever I hide/protect content by making the Tab/fields visible based on the owner's paid plan (vip_ent), it also hides the contact info for paid viewer plans (vip_viewers) - to every viewer.

I need more precise control of how I protect/hide the Tab (or its fields).
e.g.
Contact Info Tab is visible based on owner's paid plan (vip_ent), but if other viewers have a paid plan, which is a different paid plan (vip_viewer), the contact info Tab should also be visible to them.

Think of the free & paid plans as being in 2 separate groups: Entertainers & Viewers.
Each group is cross matched with the other group.

The reason for the two groups of free/paid plans is because i need show/hide certain fields at registration for each plan.

Real world Scenarios

I'll describe use cases to clarify and hopefully help you to suggest a solution

UC1
When an entertainer upgrades from a free plan to a paid account (vip_ent), one of the benefits is that their contact info is visible to free viewers.

Thus, viewer free plans (viewer_basic_profile) can see contact info of entertainers paid plans (vip_ent).

UC2
Conversely, Viewer paid plans (vip_viewer) can see contact info of entertainer free plans (ent_basic_profile).

UC3
viewer free plans (viewer_basic_profile) CANNOT see contact info from entertainer free plans (ent_basic_profile).

Thus, contact info is hidden in this case, thereby creating incentive for free users from both groups to want to upgrade. By upgrading, users from both groups get to see contact info from profiles in the other group.

Does this help to clarify my need, and does it prompt any suggestions from you?

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

13 years 1 month ago #156799 by krileon

Whenever I hide/protect content by making the Tab/fields visible based on the owner's paid plan (vip_ent), it also hides the contact info for paid viewer plans (vip_viewers) - to every viewer.

Of course, because you're telling CBSubs "Hey this profile owner doesn't have Plan A, get rid of that field!". This is how it works. We've had these discussions numerous times in previous posts. I don't know what else to advise to you. When you protect a field or tab based offer owners plan you're doing exactly that. If the owner doesn't have the plan selected, the field won't show, period. If you want it to be based off Viewers subscription then you need to protect is based on view instead of owner. If you protect it by owner AND viewer it'll first check if owner has the selected plan and if so it'll check the viewers plans. There is no either/or scenario, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn