FR #2486 Plans based on CB field

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #160949 by stuntlist
FR #2486 Plans based on CB field was created by stuntlist
Hello,

Is there any way to limit what upgrade plans are available to a subscriber based on what value they have in a particular CB field?

I have 3 types of users. Type 1 only has 1 plan A that they can upgrade to. Type 2 has 2 different plans (B or C) that they can upgrade to. Type 3 has a different plan D that they can upgrade to. The type of user is set in a CB field by the administrator when he approves their registration. All Types of users will be set to a free plan when they register.

How do I limit what plans are available to a user based on their type?

Thank you for any help on this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #160984 by nant

12 years 11 months ago #161003 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Re: Plans based on CB field
So, in the meantime how do I do this? Any work around ideas?

Thanks.

12 years 11 months ago #161118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Plans based on CB field
Am not aware of any sort of workaround for this. I suppose you could move Subscription tab to a not shown on profile position then use direct URLs in substitutions in a delimiter field to display plans conditionally with IF substitution usage, but it's not secure as someone would just need the URL to bypass all of that. If you'd like to take this approach please see tutorials within my signature for substitution usage information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #165506 by pilsje
Replied by pilsje on topic Re: Plans based on CB field
Hi Stuntlist,

did you manage to create a bypass for this? I am facing exactly the same need.

Thanks.
Wim

12 years 9 months ago #165571 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Re: Plans based on CB field
Hi,

Sorry, we had to go another way. No time to hack things.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn