Memb. plan Expire on Date OTHER than Calend. Yr.

12 years 11 months ago #161924 by tecsmarts
My client's organization has Memberships that expire on October 31st every year.

The "Calendar Year" Series of Plan Options would work if I could get the end of the Calendar year to become October 31st.

Does anyone know of a way to make this happen?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #162013 by krileon
Currently the only way to have custom plan durations is to use CBSubs SQL Actions and alter the users subscription date after they've subscribed. Below within the SQL Actions boards better details this usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/90-sql-actions/97062-solved-sql-action-to-modify-subscription-expiry-date

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-usage/133998-solved-set-specific-start-date-for-membership

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #162034 by tecsmarts
Thanks for the excellent reply and links.

I was planning on manually altering those dates with phpmyadmin, but your method sounds better.

It certainly would make a great feature request, as I am sure many organizations have membership expire dates that occur at a specified date each year.

What do you think the chances are of (and the cost of) getting a modification to do this by the folks at joomapolis?

12 years 11 months ago #162041 by krileon
We've plans to implement custom durations and his very high on our todo list. Currently Coupon system has priority and it's likely neck and neck with email scheduling. Don't have a release date however, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #165488 by tecsmarts
Please let me know the progress of this!! It will make my life much easier when dealing with my client's Membership Chair and Board of Directors. :)

In the short term, I added a SQL action:

UPDATE `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = '2011-11-01' WHERE `user_id` = [user_id] AND `plan_id` = [plan_id] AND `status` = 'A'

I added this to the "Activation" Action, plus on the renewal action I added:

UPDATE `jos_cbsubs_subscriptions` SET `expiry_date` = '2012-11-01' WHERE `user_id` = [user_id] AND `plan_id` = [plan_id] AND `status` = 'A'

(The only difference is that the year is 2012 on that one.)

ONE PROBLEM >>>>> When I hit "Save" I got a 403 error "Attempted SQL injection in POST" :evil:

I resorted to first saving the Integration using a bogus database name (altered by one letter), then using PHPMyAdmin I edited the SQL plans table and inserted the correct database name.

Tomorrow my client adds a new user, so we'll see if it works.

Thought you should be aware of the error, though.

Can't wait for the feature update in the core product!!!

Thanks!

12 years 10 months ago #166117 by krileon
Currently custom durations has yet to be implemented. Again, for the time being you'll need to use direct queries (CBSubs SQL Actions being best approach). Please see SQL Actions boards regarding custom durations through queries as multiple solutions have been provided. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn