JFTP::mkdir: Bad response issue

12 years 9 months ago #169394 by daco
JFTP::mkdir: Bad response issue was created by daco
Hi, I am experiencing the following problem on a new cbSubs plugin installation.
I verified all the meetings requirements explained in the first pages of documentation. I fixed my joomla ftp layer setting and so on.
When I try to install the cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_120-E.zip plugin in Cb plugin management, i receive the following error message:

JFTP::mkdir: Bad response
Failed to create directory "/web/htdocs/www.maveryx.com/home/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/processors"
[ Continue ... ]

I also checked ftp permissions and they seem to be ok accordingly to joomla forum reccomndations. I noticed that the exact path of /com_profiler/ on my server is the following:
ftp://1645839@aruba.it@ftp.maveryx.com/www.maveryx.com/components/com_comprofiler

without /home/ expected by the installation script.
So I tried to create manually the subfolder "processors". I succeed, but the next error message upon a new installation attempt was similiar. The script wasn't able to create the next folder and so on....

Itt seems to be a permission problem. I tried to set all permission of /com_profiler/ to 755 without success. Where am I wrong?

Please, help me, a newbie on his first installation of cbSubs and already very frustated...

thanx very much

dario

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169473 by daco
Replied by daco on topic Re: JFTP::mkdir: Bad response issue
SOLVED.
I solved simply disabling FTP layer. After hours of useless attempts, useless editing of configuration.phps I simply disabled the buggy ftp layer function on joomla serve config back-end.
Please erase frome the manual of CBSubs the pre-requisite of ftp layer. It made me loose a lot of time.

12 years 9 months ago #169505 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: JFTP::mkdir: Bad response issue

daco wrote: SOLVED.
I solved simply disabling FTP layer. After hours of useless attempts, useless editing of configuration.phps I simply disabled the buggy ftp layer function on joomla serve config back-end.
Please erase frome the manual of CBSubs the pre-requisite of ftp layer. It made me loose a lot of time.

Please indicate where it is stated that FTP layer needs to be enabled.

I see this:

If you have Joomla 1.5.x installed, make sure that the FTP layer is enabled and properly configured or that the appropriate permissions are given on the Joomla folders (check with www.joomla.org for proper permissions).

There is an OR statement here - if this is the case I will make clearer in next version.

Waiting for your feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daco

12 years 9 months ago #169672 by daco
Replied by daco on topic Re: JFTP::mkdir: Bad response issue
Thanks for answering. Hi Nick, you are right. There is a OR conjunction in the manual. Generally I don't answer myown topic. I am not so crazy yet. I replied just for the communuity sake. I hope this post could help the huge ARUBA community.

12 years 9 months ago #169673 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: JFTP::mkdir: Bad response issue

daco wrote: Thanks for answering. Hi Nick, you are right. There is a OR conjunction in the manual. Generally I don't answer myown topic. I am not so crazy yet. I replied just for the communuity sake. I hope this post could help the huge ARUBA community.

Thanks for confirming.

FYI, the FTP layer feature is something the Joomla team came up with to address the many low quality hosting environments that do not handle permissions and ownership propoerly.

There is no need for this layer on properly configured hosting environments.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn