selling products and selecting shipping options

14 years 11 months ago #96646 by mcooper03
I need the functionality seen on the Joomlapolis site. When you go to buy CBSubs there is a an Options box with drop downs for number of users, number of sites and a maintenance pack. I can not find a way to create these drop downs as options under a plan. I've been over the menu several times and can't find it there either. On my site we sell DVDs along with online access to videos. I need to have a drop down list with shipping options that will add the cost of shipping to the cost of the subscription and allow the customer to pay for the shipping option they choose. Please tell me this is possible.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96654 by beat
mcooper03 wrote:

I need the functionality seen on the Joomlapolis site. When you go to buy CBSubs there is a an Options box with drop downs for number of users, number of sites and a maintenance pack. I can not find a way to create these drop downs as options under a plan. I've been over the menu several times and can't find it there either. On my site we sell DVDs along with online access to videos. I need to have a drop down list with shipping options that will add the cost of shipping to the cost of the subscription and allow the customer to pay for the shipping option they choose. Please tell me this is possible.

This is a custom-made integrations plugin for selling CBSubs. It's not yet complete (e.g. the backend isn't complete yet, and API/Integrations are not yet done, beyond the custom-made too licensing plugin).

Thus it's not part of CBSubs 1.0.

We do plan to integrate this functionality into a future version of CBSubs, but differently that we made it for the licenses here.

You can achieve a similar "options" choice in CBSubs 1.0 using sub-plans for the options (the sub-plans can be exclusive & mandatory radios or non-exclusive non-mandatory checkbox(es).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96664 by mcooper03
I've already set up the sub options. It was the only way I could see it do it. This method doesn't look anywhere near as clean as the one used on Joomlapolis. Please put me down to beta test this new feature when it's near production ready outside of Joomlapolis.

As a work around I'd like to know if it's possible to change the default height of a plan as it is shown on the registration page to something smaller.

www.homepcbuilder.com/component/comprofiler/registers.html

If you choose the 2nd option here, I'd like to make the sub plans appear smaller, vertically, so they don't take up as much space. As it is now if I delete the description and leave only a space in the name of the plan the last line that shows the amount for the shipping option still takes about 5 lines on the page before the next sub plan is displayed. If I could get this spacing down to just a line it would look much cleaner. Is there a way to do this?

14 years 11 months ago #96669 by beat
mcooper03 wrote:

I've already set up the sub options. It was the only way I could see it do it. This method doesn't look anywhere near as clean as the one used on Joomlapolis. Please put me down to beta test this new feature when it's near production ready outside of Joomlapolis.

As a work around I'd like to know if it's possible to change the default height of a plan as it is shown on the registration page to something smaller.

www.homepcbuilder.com/component/comprofiler/registers.html

If you choose the 2nd option here, I'd like to make the sub plans appear smaller, vertically, so they don't take up as much space. As it is now if I delete the description and leave only a space in the name of the plan the last line that shows the amount for the shipping option still takes about 5 lines on the page before the next sub plan is displayed. If I could get this spacing down to just a line it would look much cleaner. Is there a way to do this?

Re big space, it's a bug in your site template:

You have:

form div { margin-bottom: 0.8em; }

in it's css, and as CBSubs uses nested divs in the form, it adds up to give the huge spaces you have.

Once that's fixed it will be looking more decent and less "freightening" slide-down...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #99312 by mcooper03
Yes. I found that line in my template's css and set it to 0em. It looks much better www.homepcbuilder.com/buy-now.html

I still would really like the functionality of drop down lists for choosing options. Will this be in 1.1 of CBSubs or are we talking a long way off? I think a lot of people will see deeper uses for these features.

14 years 10 months ago #99320 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn