Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade plan.

14 years 11 months ago #96681 by eschultheiss
I've been able to get one level of nested plans working with CBSubs but can you have a child of a child plan? I do not see it.

This is what I need

Parent Plan
-Child Plan 1 (as upgrade to parent plan)
--Child Plan 2 (as upgrade to child plan)

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96697 by beat
eschultheiss wrote:

I've been able to get one level of nested plans working with CBSubs but can you have a child of a child plan? I do not see it.

This is what I need

Parent Plan

Thanks

Nope, only one level of nesting at this time (CBSubs 1.0) for database efficiency and simplicity to the customer. :)

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/04/27 09:53

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96706 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade pla
beat wrote:

eschultheiss wrote:

This is what I need

Parent Plan

Thanks

Nope, only one level of nesting at this time (CBSubs 1.0) for database efficiency and simplicity to the customer. :)

Please explain: When making exclusive plans, it is still possible to upgrade from one exclusive plan to another (when allowing upgrades ofcourse). What happens with the events scheduled for unsubscription? Are these executed or not? And what happens if you unsubscribe to the upgrade, are the on subscription events from the original plan executed again? in other words, how is roll-back implemented.

Because, if there´s no execution of unsubscription events on upgrade to another plan at the same level, this will function much like a child plan.

Please explain. Is essential for proper implementation of update and upgrade options (need child plans or not)

14 years 11 months ago #96713 by beat
guidoterhorst wrote:

beat wrote:

eschultheiss wrote:

This is what I need

Parent Plan

Thanks

Please explain: When making exclusive plans, it is still possible to upgrade from one exclusive plan to another (when allowing upgrades ofcourse). What happens with the events scheduled for unsubscription? Are these executed or not? And what happens if you unsubscribe to the upgrade, are the on subscription events from the original plan executed again? in other words, how is roll-back implemented.

Because, if there´s no execution of unsubscription events on upgrade to another plan at the same level, this will function much like a child plan.

Please explain. Is essential for proper implementation of update and upgrade options (need child plans or not)

Automatic roll-backs are implemented. E.g. if you upgrade from a 1-year plan to a 1-month premium plan, when that 1-month plan is cancelled or expires, than the 1-year plan (if still valid) is re-activated.

Subscribe and unsubscribe events for each plan are normally executed in all situations.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96719 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade plan.
OK, but in that case the term ¨upgrade¨ can be confusing, especially when there are for example two plans with completely different uses, and an upgrade would actually downgrade some access rights.

I have for instance job seekers and job posters. When switching from one plan to another, this will in no way be perceived as an upgrade. Therefore, I have unchecked the upgrade function, in order to disable switching.

However, when a customer unsubscribes, he cannot subscribe to any plan anymore, because upgrades where ticked of.

Therefore, I suggest to allow subscription to plans which are ticked for selection at administration to be available for the (disabled) accounts which are registered, but have no subscriptions.

In this way accounts cannot get locked out of any subscription, when there are no upgrade plans available.

Please think along with this proposal, or post any other solution to my problem of accounts getting locked out because of no available upgrade plans.

14 years 11 months ago #96744 by beat
Hm. When a user cancels (unsubscribes) his subscription, the subscription is not deleted, and will stay there, in cancelled state, and it will have a button "Re-subscribe".

If you delete (instead of unsubscribing) from user profile subscription tab in backend the subscription, then user obviously won't see it anymore.

So the problem that you describe shouldn't happen in real cases.

Please confirm :)

EDITED typo

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/04/27 15:46

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn