Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade plan.

14 years 11 months ago #96769 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade pla
NOP:(

When there are no upgradeable plans, and the user unsubscribes from the last plan he´s got, he cannot select to register for a plan afterwards. He´s locked out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96771 by krileon
guidoterhorst wrote:

NOP:(

When there are no upgradeable plans, and the user unsubscribes from the last plan he´s got, he cannot select to register for a plan afterwards. He´s locked out.

Test:
2 Plans
Exclusive
No Upgrade

Subscribed to 1 plan on registration.
Unsubscribed.
Was not able to subscribe to other plan, but was able to re-subscribe to plan that had recently been unsubscribed. This is due to the other plan being no upgrade.

This is working as intended.

Same results are seen if done with a pre-existing user. You must "Delete" a subscription from backend to "unlock" a users subscriptions essentially.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #96783 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:Nested Child Plans for multi teired upgrade pla
Cannot confirm.

I structurally have the problem that plans which have the upgrade option not ticked, do not show up on frontpage nor on backend for administrator assignation.

That is because I have these lifetime subscriptions on and CBsubs see´s every other plan therefore directly as an upgrade!!!!

You cannot delete these lifetime subscriptions for users registered but no plans assigned.

There´s my problem.

(This is resulting in a second problem: the fact that essentially I cannot assign backend created users to frontend "no upgrade exclusive" plans, unless I temporarily change the plan to "upgradeable")

14 years 11 months ago #96807 by krileon
User has a subscribed plan?
No other plans showing?

or is it:

User has an un-subscribed plan?
No other plans showing?

If the latter then that's how it's meant to function if you do not set any plans as upgradeable and exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #96817 by guidoterhorst
The user simply doesn´t get any plan, but the message A membership is needed for access.
Also, off course, the user is blocked automaticcaly upon subscription (by the way, when you unsubscribe the last plan, the browser goes blank as well)

It is as I´ve written, and it seems an understandable misfunction as well. Since I do not allow registered users without subscription on my site, everything after registration without plan selection is an upgrade from the default lifetime plan assigned on registration (even in the backend it functions like this). But this feature Blocks out every user who unsubscribes the last plan he has, and is tossed in the default plan.

14 years 11 months ago #96819 by guidoterhorst
OK, got some further findings. The unsubscription is not showing for resubscription, because it has an allowed recurrence of 1 :):sick: ;)

Therefore, the problem remains the same, as well as the logic wg¡hich isn´t correct imho (there may be an other reason for this to be as it is, but then I would like to know):

1) First time registration: x plans available.
2) User selects plan, registers, and comes to the conclusion it is not the right plan for him.
3) User unsubscribes, thinking he will be in the position to choose again from X plans, one of them showing "resubcribe".
4) user is surprised by lack of choice, he can only resubscribe his not wanted plan.:sick: :evil: :pinch:

(the smileys are which I reckon the customer will send :);))

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn