Hide menu item when logged in

14 years 11 months ago #96957 by alfons
Hide menu item when logged in was created by alfons
Normally you gain access permissions to functionallity when you have logged in. This can also be finetuned with the access/integration settings of the plans. But I want the opposite:
- Everybody has permissions to see the menu item 'Subscribe' in the main menu
-But when a member logs in that menu item should disapear.

Basic Joomla settings can only inherit permission from lower level ACL groups. Is it possible with plan settings to reverse access permissions?

Post edited by: alfons, at: 2009/04/28 16:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #97415 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Hide menu item when logged in
Not that i am aware of.

However you could use the CBSubs module for that subscribe link, and e.g. display "Thanks for your support" and also "Renew now" and more.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #101746 by the0ther
Replied by the0ther on topic Re:Hide menu item when logged in
wow.

that seems like obvious functionality that should not have to be hacked in.

14 years 1 week ago #127332 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:Hide menu item when logged in
I am looking for this too..

It seems like such an obvious thing to have.
I want to acheive this on a tab.

public users visits a profile,
see a few things..the first tab they see reads "HEY you JOIN NOW!"

then love it...they join and login ..and the tab goes away.

so simple right!

I have seen this on countless numbers of sites over the years..but never paid much attn until I needed it.

now I can seem to get it working even with CBsubs

suggestions?

14 years 1 week ago #127406 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hide menu item when logged in
the0ther wrote:

wow.

that seems like obvious functionality that should not have to be hacked in.

Possible function for a later release, but I suggest just adding another module position to your template using some minor code to check if user exists or not. You could then add a menu module to this position and it will only show to logged out users.

Joomla doesn't even support this, it works in a positive based protection not reverse (removing features). However, this feature is already noted for further investigation and possible implementation.

jakobe75 wrote:

I am looking for this too..

It seems like such an obvious thing to have.
I want to acheive this on a tab.

public users visits a profile,
see a few things..the first tab they see reads "HEY you JOIN NOW!"

then love it...they join and login ..and the tab goes away.

so simple right!

I have seen this on countless numbers of sites over the years..but never paid much attn until I needed it.

now I can seem to get it working even with CBsubs

suggestions?

Please stop hijacking threads, your issue has nothing to do with this thread. Yours concerns Tabs not menu items.

This can easily be done with CBSubs Fields plugin and substitutions (page 244). A use case is covered within your documentation, please read it thoroughly.

You need to create a read only field in field management then alter the fields value with CBSubs Fields based on subscription. Then using advanced substitutions (IF statements) display content or not. Please see tutorials in signature for further information pertaining to substitution usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #127413 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:Hide menu item when logged in
This is not hijacking, and I dont like that accusation.

Hijacking would be starting ask about the latest brands of oil from Walmart or whether you like fishsticks or not.

This subject is directly related to my needs.

I want this functionality to be on my menu items as well as my tabs.

- How to turn something OFF when logged in instead of on. be it a tab, menu item, module, etc etc.

And considering the lack of forum posts on this subject, this may help somebody out in their search.

because it helped me understand the correct terms to search for and what, and what is possible and what is not.

I read page 244 and unless I'm zen with CBsubs, it made no sense to me as that was what I needed to do.

because it seems to be such a simple thing to make something disappear when logged in, not something that requires advanced filtering.

pg. 244 really doesnt jump out and scream "remove tab after login"

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/03/19 18:19
The following user(s) said Thank You: 101creative

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn