Terminology caused confusion

14 years 11 months ago #97665 by 3cellhosting
Terminology caused confusion was created by 3cellhosting
Hello all,

Just a quick post to highlight a problem that I was having due to my interpretation of the plan settings.

My client wanted to offer 4 top level plans - Special Offer, Bronze, Silver and Gold. The Special Offer plan was a one-time offer on registration and equated to the Silver plan plus added features for just £75. The Silver plan is £50 and the Gold plan £95. Bronze is a free plan.

As with all subscribers, circumstances may change and they decide that when they registered they could only afford the Silver, now they want the added features. This was set as an upgrade from Silver in a child plan at a cost of £45 extra. (Should have accepted the offer and saved £20 :P )

I set the plan also to be exclusive in case we introduced any other plans at a later date. This is when the problems occurred. It was impossible to upgrade to the other 3 plans but I could upgrade to the child plans.

Having spoken with the team (as a beta tester) I found I had misinterpreted the term 'exclusive'. To me this means just the one plan, to the exclusion of all others. In CB Subs it also equates to 'mandatory'.

This was fine with all of my top level plans - a subscriber could only select one plan at a time. In coding terms it meant that to subscribe then one of these plans is 'mandatory'.

By taking child plans and using the same logic I was expecting a single subscription but CB Subs interpreted it as 2 plans, both mandatory, yet my settings do not allow multiple plans. As a response CB Subs provides an error message that reads "Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen).
Please press back button and select the subscription plan to which you would like to upgrade."

There are 2 possible solutions to this problem...

Solution 1 - Change the child plans to non-exclusive and everything works properly. Make sure that the child plan pricing is correct - e.g. Parent + Child = Correct Price overall

Solution 2 - Move child plans to TOP level and ensure pricing for plan is complete, ensuring plan names are suitable when appearing in CB Subs Module

I opted for solution 1 and reduced my child plans to a simple upgrade price which is added to the parent plan price and then prorated against the original subscription.

I hope this explanation helps some other users from making the same mistakes as I did.

Regards

David

David
www.3cellhosting.com - where personality, creativity and integrity come as standard.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104711 by cdw2300
Replied by cdw2300 on topic Hidden Plan for Exclusive New Members
Hello there,

I'm getting the same message and I tried to follow your guide, yet it did not work for me.

All I'm trying to do is create a "hidden" plan for a certain amount of people I will give the plan's link so they can sign-up without paying. I created the plan and made it "lifetime subscription." However, it does not work; it gives me that message when I test the form.

What should I do?

Thank you for your help,

c. :ohmy:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds