[SOLVED] Show/hide modules depending on plan

14 years 10 months ago #99516 by fdkid
Hi there, hope this is the right spot for my question.

I want to hide some modules for member registered to a plan.

When editing this plan, under plan/integrations/extensions I can see a section called "modules" and the tooltip says:

"select modules which can be accessed only if this subscription is active. Leave unselected for no effect. Access allowed or depending on other plans"

Modules visibility is determined by Joomla access levels (public, registered, special). Thus, my members (authors/editors) can see all modules, including modules set to"special").

The plan/integrations/extensions/modules section allows me (superadmin) to determine which modules are visible to members on this plan, but they are already visible! so what i need is the opposite, to hide some of them for this plan.

What's the rational behind selecting the modules that are to be "visible" for a plan if the modules are already visible? Or am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks for CBSubs. It works and very well worth the price!

Look forward for your comments

Thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/06 14:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #99529 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Show/hide modules depending on plan
fdkid wrote:

What's the rational behind selecting the modules that are to be "visible" for a plan if the modules are already visible? Or am I missing something really obvious?

If you mark that a module is visible for a plan, then only plan members will see it.

14 years 10 months ago #99530 by fdkid
Replied by fdkid on topic Re:Show/hide modules depending on plan
Thanks for your answer.

Not every module on my site depends on a plan. There are modules that are public, an there are modules that are intended for superadmin only.

My authors and editor members have access to any 'special access level", basically they can see everything.

Your rational allows me to designate modules to a specific plan but not hide them from a specific plan.

None of my members have moderator privileges, so I would like for instance, to hide Pending Action module from my members. How do I accomplish that using CBSubs? Is it possible?

Thanks again

14 years 2 weeks ago #128584 by morktron
Replied by morktron on topic Re:Show/hide modules depending on plan
Hi I have the same question, all members are Authors and so automatically have 'special' access.

I want to create a front-end module restricted to Super Admin only - to show them how to manage the site.

At the moment the only option seems to be to set up a dummy membership plan for Super Admin? I guess it would be easier to use a third party Joomla acl component?

14 years 2 weeks ago #128605 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Show/hide modules depending on plan
morktron wrote:

At the moment the only option seems to be to set up a dummy membership plan for Super Admin? I guess it would be easier to use a third party Joomla acl component?

Yes, this is the way to handle it.

Why would using a third party ACL component be easier?

14 years 2 weeks ago #128727 by morktron
Replied by morktron on topic Re:Show/hide modules depending on plan
Thanks for you reply Nick, I do think CBSubs is awesome don't get me wrong. It just seems that this has been overlooked but is perfectly understandable given how huge the features and possibilities are.

I'd rather not let users sign up for a super admin plan or spend time finding out how to hide it and configure it all when all I want to do I hide a module from 'Authors'.

It would be great if in future version it's possible to hide things from plans or user groups, no worries though if it is not possible.

I have found a easy solution anyway - use MetaMod Pro to hide the module from everyone except specified users www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=174#p1096 :)

Anyway thanks again for your support

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.622 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn