Add a date to a CB Field

14 years 7 months ago #110566 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Add a date to a CB Field
Please review my previous post and try enclosing the userid with single quotes (e.g. `user_id` = '[user_id]').

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #110569 by toddfletcher
Replied by toddfletcher on topic Re:Add a date to a CB Field
I did try your ideas (and several over variations). I just attempted your single quotes again and it's still a no go.

The syntax seems valid in a SQL software, but cbSubs does not seem to run it. I even used a standard field (the state example below), and it runs in SQL but not in cbSubs. Could it be something to do with the way the subscription is set up? Is there a way to post results of the SQL string to a log for debugging?

To test, I am manually adding the subscription to the user account from the back-end.

Your help is greatly appreciated and I look forward to getting to the bottom of this. :)

Todd Fletcher

14 years 7 months ago #110582 by krileon
Please ensure the plugin is published. The following exact queries worked for me:

UPDATE `#__comprofiler` SET `cb_datefield` = DATE_FORMAT( CURDATE(), '%Y-%m-%d' ) WHERE `user_id` = [user_id]

UPDATE `#__comprofiler` SET `hits` = hits + 100 WHERE `user_id` = [user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #110667 by toddfletcher
Neither work for me. Can I supply access to my admin section and have you try to insert a working string? I just don't see any difference in what I am doing and what you are suggesting. :(

Here is a Jing video of how I enter the string and test. Maybe you can see something I am doing wrong.

www.screencast.com/t/0JWkjDCwWmE

Todd

Post edited by: toddfletcher, at: 2009/09/09 19:54

14 years 7 months ago #110680 by krileon
Thank you for the video, was very helpful in understanding your process.

Indeed this is a confirmed bug and marked for fixing. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and thank you in assisting in getting to the bottom of this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

14 years 7 months ago #110683 by toddfletcher
Thank you for assisting me. I look forward with anticipation on a patch for this bug. Please let me know if I can offer any other assistance, etc...

Would this be the type of fix that would roll into the release minor or major release?

Thanks again!

Todd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.766 seconds