[SOLVED] VirtueMart/CB/Plans...

14 years 6 months ago #111998 by crony
[SOLVED] VirtueMart/CB/Plans... was created by crony
Hello !

I have some questions concerning a proper way doing that...

I have 2 subscriptions plans.

1-Free for buyers.Registering without any Cbsub plan, directly to VirtueMart registration.

2-Paid for sellers, using a sub plan. Those sellers will also populate a new manufacturer, and an acount to sell products thru VM at registration.

Will an SQL action might populate the VM tables from CB fields previously entered at registration ? (I mean adress, name etc... that would have been the same into CB and VM, plus special from CB, but not used into VM directly)

The CbVM plugin just gives access to a user group, deleting group at cancel,and a shopper group.

So it might not be usefull, and better to use SQL Action instead ? Am I right ?
Unless you are planing to improve CbSubVM plugin ? If yes, in wich way?

If my free registering users are using VM, what happen if I use synchronize tool from CB ? (I'll test it, but I wanted to know more if you have any informations about that...)
I may need to make a sub plan finally for free users, to get a cleaner solution I guess...

Also, there are those solutions, untested yet :
joomlacode.org/gf/project/vmart_cb/frs/
www.southlasalle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I'm also testing this:
www.nordmograph.com/shop/details/62/6/featured-products/vmvendor-suite-for-community-builder.html

To understand better how to populate product from front office to VM...

If someone got tested any part of the solution, or have any usedfull thinking...
Cos my mind is about to explode...^^

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/28 03:31

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #112014 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:VirtueMart/CB/Plans...
I don't understand what you're wanting. Yes the CBSubs VM only controls VM groups. A group could be a group that allows adding products; a subscription could then add a user to that group. You could use SQL Actions to add additional info such as address from a users CB fields if you choose so.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112050 by crony
Replied by crony on topic Re:VirtueMart/CB/Plans...
First, thanks Kyle for your support !

You surely know that mixing CB/VM/Joomfish etc...is just a nightmare for noobs like me :)

I'm fed up with all those part time working plugins (ok, they're free...so let's say I'm fed up with great stuffs that almost works, at the moment...)

So, it seems SQL actions may solve a big part of my actual problems...

What I need to do is populating from CB fileds the equivalent of VM fields used for oredering while register.

I'll see that tomorrow, but basicaly I just need a query to update the fields populated from cb.
Could you provide an example of that query ?

A kind of "set vm_vendor vm_name=$cb_name and vm_adress=$cb_adress and ..."

Thanks !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 6 months ago #112098 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:VirtueMart/CB/Plans...
The below example should get you started in the right direction.

UPDATE `#__vm_user_info` SET `first_name` = '[first_name]', `last_name` = '[last_name]', `phone_1` = '[cb_phone]', `address_1` = '[cb_address1]' WHERE `user_id` = [user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #112335 by crony
Just a postit message, tables related to users into VM:

jos_core_acl_aro2
jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map
jos_users
jos_vm_auth_user_vendor
jos_vm_shopper_vendor_xref
jos_vm_user_info

Found on french J! forums.

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

14 years 6 months ago #112951 by crony
I also need to generate an user_info_id into `jos_vm_user_info`.

Might be something like (???):
[code:1]
UPDATE `#__vm_user_info` SET `user_info_id` = 'md5(uuid())',`first_name` = '[first_name]', `last_name` = '[last_name]', `phone_1` = '[cb_telephone]', `address_1` = '[cb_addresse]' WHERE `user_id` = [user_id][/code:1]

But it give me too much headaches, the free users/buyers will register thru normal VM form...
:laugh:

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn