SQL query/Ext 4 profile Matching using reg fields

13 years 10 months ago #133391 by daywalker0028
If this does not exist, I want to suggest that CB/subs developers create it as an extension or a series of SQL statements.

I could not find any semblance of sql statements for a series of query that would match cb user profiles based on registration fields.

e.g.
I want to setup a facebook/social network type wall/dashboard either as a web page URL/article or contained within a cb user profile TAB.

This wall would randomly select a certain number of user profiles that match in terms of registration field selections.

The registration field parameters (the answers each user selects to answer the web form questions) would be single or multiple selection fields (e.g. list menu, radio button, check box).

This extension or series of SQL statements/triggers would allow an administrator to setup profile matching with several options such as:
  • How often the profile matching query is generated & sent to each user's wall - based on Date .
    e.g. every day; one a week; bi-monthly; once a month;
  • administrator can select which registration fields to include in profile matching query
  • Perhaps choice of Bolean search parameters.
    i.e. And;OR
  • dashboard/wall includes an 'Add to My Favorites' button
  • Whenever a user is selected/accepted/winked by another, an Instant notification is sent to the selected profile via email, their dashboard/wall or both

This is a much needed feature, especially when you consider the proliferation of social networking sites and dating sites that are being developed all of the time.

CB developers: Please consider developing an extension/SQL statements that enable this type of functionality and make it available only to documentation subscribers, it would most certainly help in the way of increasing subscriber support.

if this does not already exist, I urge developer(s) to make such an extension or write sql statements so developers can use this functionality to create their own web pages/GUI.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133417 by beat
Did you notice that in CB users list you can use field substitutions in the advanced SQL query selection ?

E.g. "same town" or "opposite gender" are possible selections for specific users-lists.

Regarding integration into a wall like the one of ProfileBook, it's an interesting idea, but you could easily use the profileBook latest module, and add those queries into it to make a more custom module, that then also can be used on pages or with the content plugin in texts.

That's what's possible today with CB 1.2.2 and with latest released ProfileBook.

Your idea is certainly an interesting one, and that's something i will keep in mind in the design of the new walls.

btw. I guess that this thread is not related to CBSubs, so should be moved into CB forum. Please make sure to post in the right forum, we do daily look at all forums.

Thanks again for suggesting, hope one of the solutions above can already solve your dream in the short term :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 10 months ago #133610 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:SQL query/Ext 4 profile Matching using reg fiel
once an SQL select statement is written, how do you go about displaying the returned results into the profile book wall?

Also, I'm trying to write an SQL query from a basic syntax example.

I need to find a basic select query I can use to customize the registration field parameters to my specifications.

I found the following (see below) in Kilron's tutorials under API - Input lists.
Am I looking in the right place?

Is generating a User List the thing I should do to display the results in the Profile Book Wall?

moscomprofilerHTML::selectList( &$arr, $tag_name, $tag_attribs, $key, $text, $selected, $required = 0, $htmlspecialcharText = true )

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

13 years 10 months ago #133697 by krileon
I don't understand what you're trying to do, but doesn't sound like it's even in the scope of CBSubs intended purpose....

Are you trying to update a field based on subscription? Insert a new wall entry based on subscription? Please better clarify what you're trying to do (maybe more short, sweet, and to the point?).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133702 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:SQL query/Ext 4 profile Matching using reg fiel
The end result of what i want to do is display in the Profile Wall (or in a seperate TAB):

a list of user profiles who have the same answer/parameters in their registration form fields.
More specifically, I want to generate a list of 4 users with this query/criteria, once a week and display this list in the wall or in another designated tab.

I also want to be able to setup a button to add other profiles to a 'My Favorites' TAB. This Tab would display the list of profiles that the user/owner has selected as favorites.

I hope this make sense enough so that you can provide me with some sort of head start on either a query statement or any other advice.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

13 years 10 months ago #133739 by krileon
You need a custom developed CB plugin to accomplish what you're wanting. Optionally you could use a Userlist to display a list of users then load the index2.php version of the userlist within an iframe in a Delimiter field on a users profile. This is not something CBSubs can provide.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.545 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn