Update CB Field

13 years 10 months ago #133408 by DMSAdmin
Update CB Field was created by DMSAdmin
We have a 2500 member organization that is moving to online dues payment. Because they haven't had it in the past most members are sending in checks and aren't used to going online and clicking the button to say pay offline. This creates a problem because I need one field in my database for tracking how much a member has paid for dues.

Since those that don't pay online don't get added to the payment tables I would like to create a SQL action to populate payment information for those that pay online into a field in the jos_comprofiler table that everyone has a record in.

I'm not sure if this makes sense or not... I can try to map it out if it doesn't.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133488 by DMSAdmin
Replied by DMSAdmin on topic Re:Update CB Field
Anyone have any ideas or can they help me with writing the SQL action. I have been working on creating the statement and am running into troubles

13 years 10 months ago #133493 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Update CB Field
You're wanting to update a CB Field? What's wrong with usage of CBSubs Fields plugin? If the field is an integer field it's capable of using operators such as add or subtract.

For those that do not initiate an offline payment basket you could simply tell them to do so upon receiving their check and not process it until they've done so? Otherwise you could manually subscribe the user via User Management and editing the user once you've received the check; this would fire any necessary triggers in the same manner as clicking "Pay" for the users basket.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds