Authoring & Article submission in CBSubs

14 years 8 months ago #105823 by swapnilrk23
Authoring & Article submission in CBSubs was created by swapnilrk23
Hi,

CB + CBSubs is working perfect for me. Would like you to suggest what would be the most suitable Authoring system to use with CBSubs.

waiting for a reply...

Post edited by: swapnilrk23, at: 2009/07/23 12:37

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #105827 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Authoring & Article submission in CBSubs
You can control an authors privileges for editing and submitting content. Use Joomlas built in ability to edit and submit content for this type of protection.

Navigate to extensions tab followed by selecting the content tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #105845 by swapnilrk23
Replied by swapnilrk23 on topic Re:Authoring & Article submission in CBSubs
Yes i agree with you i can use the Author / publisher settings and make a menu item for "submit article".

What i need is that my CB users submit content from front-end and i can let them upload text + pictures.

just need it to be simple and safe.

14 years 8 months ago #105847 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Authoring & Article submission in CBSubs
The editor you choose can secure your submissions. Check in JED for available editors to find one right for you.
;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 8 months ago #105942 by swapnilrk23
Replied by swapnilrk23 on topic Re:Authoring & Article submission in CBSubs
Thanks to both of you. Now i am able to have a menu button to let my register (Author) users submit articles.

I am letting the users submit all their content to a restricted section:

NOW WHAT I WANT:

They will write the text and upload image via the normal content submition form where they get to access the /images/stories folder.
Can i use CBSubs restrict the users to not access the main image files in stories folder but upload only their images to a alloted folder.?

I feel there should be way to do it with CBSubs Folder Access Integration Plugin.

Please guide or help the way i can do this.

14 years 8 months ago #105951 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Authoring & Article submission in CBSubs
Hmm, uploads are a bit trickery then just using the folder protection plugin. Uploads are considered a server based action and likely will not be stopped by the protection.

I suggest creating a subfolder within the images/stores/ folder for users to upload to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn