What happens when subscriptions end

14 years 7 months ago #107636 by Phantom.Knight
What happens when subscriptions end was created by Phantom.Knight
When subscriptions end are all the database entries deleted automatically including uploaded photos image galleries or left there forever?

Is there a way to control this. For example delete user data after 1 month.. like in uddeIM message maintenance.

Also when subscription is ended, user info is no longer displayed in the search. Can I override this? I want other members to be able to see member info even though his/her membership has expired. So they can still send PM and the expired member receives notifications. Ofcourse expired member has to pay to access his/her profile...

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #107662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
When a subscription ends all the triggers are fired for CBSubs and its integration plugins for "Expired". Nothing is deleted unless the integration deletes it. In case of say SQL Actions you can run a deactivation query to delete database data if you want.

Use CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection and protect fields/tabs based on subscription. Set the required plan for the owner and the view. If the view has the subscription then thay'll be able to see that users tab/field data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #107673 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
Thanks for the reply. I have already used CBSubs tabs protection which is working fine. Registered members see other members info as intended.

But my problem is when one of the registered members subscription expire member dissapears from the list. How can I avoid this? I want the expired member details to stay in the list so that registered members can still send expired member a PMS so that expired member receives an email notification and has to re-subscribe to be able to read his/her messages.

Thanks

14 years 7 months ago #107734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
They shouldn't disappear from the userlist just because the subscription expires. Do you not have a free plan or allow free users?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #107763 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
That's what I thought, but having 4 plans caused problems only 2 worked the other 2 plans did not work properly.

I have created 4 plans:
Plan 1 parent plan on the top free lifetime membership upgrade to this is off
Plan 1a child of Plan 1 paid membership upgrade to this is on

Plan 2 parent plan 3rd from the top free life time membership upgrade to this is off
Plan 2a child of Plan 2 paid membership upgrade to this is on

Plan 2 seems to be working fine but plan 1 is not showing upgrade option at all I tried all the combinations couldnt get it working.

So I now have two plans Plan 1 for one group Plan 2 for second group. This works but when membership expires they disappear.

Can you think of a better solution?

Thanks

14 years 7 months ago #107769 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:What happens when subscriptions end
Maybe open both sub-plans in separate tabs, and toggle tabs to compare the settings for the renewals.

As described, they look identical, so there must be something different.

However, beware if you change a plan, not all the params will affect existing subscriptions. Typically maximum renewals won't affect existing subscriptions.

So you need to get new subscriptions to test properly your settings.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn