[#1363] Address not passing to Authorize.net

14 years 7 months ago #108740 by solacefsp
Hi -

Our transactions go through in Authorize.net EXCEPT the customer's address (including city, state, etc) are NOT passed on to Authorize.net. The only fields that get passed are First Name/Last Name/Email.

Anyone know how to "force" these address fields to get passed along in the transaction?

Cheers,
Trent

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/06 15:07

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #108759 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Address not passing to Authorize.net
solacefsp wrote:

Hi -

Our transactions go through in Authorize.net EXCEPT the customer's address (including city, state, etc) are NOT passed on to Authorize.net. The only fields that get passed are First Name/Last Name/Email.

Anyone know how to "force" these address fields to get passed along in the transaction?

Cheers,
Trent

Which address would you like to pass ?

The bought item(s) invoicing address might not be what you want to pass to authorize.net ... It might not match the credit-card billing address (and purchase still be legit, e.g. using a private credit-card to buy something for a small company).

In that case we would need to add credit-card invoicing address to the credit-card mask... That would probably lower your conversion rate... ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 7 months ago #108777 by solacefsp
Replied by solacefsp on topic Re:Address not passing to Authorize.net
We want the fields that we set up to display as the customer is signing up (address, stat/prov, zip/postal, country) to be the ones that pass the data to Authorize.net. These fields are 'required'.

I turned off the invoice fields but have tried keeping them there and then filled them in as well (not ideal to have customers have to enter address info on 2 consecutive pages) - the result was the same though - no address info being passed along.

So we just want to pass the fields we have created in the "Field management" section of CBSubs.

Thanks!

14 years 7 months ago #109133 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Address not passing to Authorize.net
And you want to pass that info behind the shoulders of the user ? :ohmy:

Probably not allowed by data privacy protection laws in most countries...

What could be done is to display the address that gets passed (and allow people to edit it) together on the form with the credit card.

Actually, if you setup correctly the fields that you want to take over for the invoicing address from your CB fields, then the user doesn't have to type it unless he wants to change it.

In that sense, I think that you would like to take the credit-card invoicing address from the CBSubs invoicing address, if there is one, otherwise leave the fields blank to fill in.. ?

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/08/25 00:46

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 6 months ago #112137 by allofnothing
Replied by allofnothing on topic Re:Address not passing to Authorize.net
Similar question, so I hope it is OK to post on this thread...

Just got set up with Authorize.net and in running my test transactions I found that they require AVS (the customers address) to process the transaction. I do not have address fields on my site, but I would like to add them into the CC processing area. I know this can be done, because there is already an address field there that says:

This is your invoicing address:
First Name:
Last Name:
Company:
Address:
City:
State: -
Zipcode:
Phone:
VAT number:
Click here to modify invoicing address

When I "Click to modify" I get an error "Not authorized action". Can I make these fields active so that a customer can fill them out as a requirement for the transaction?

Thanks for your help, and once again... CB with CBSubs is unbelievably awesome. I've built what I feel is a fantastic site with mediocre Joomla knowledge and virtually no knowledge of code. thank you guys!

-allofnothing

14 years 6 months ago #112183 by allofnothing
Replied by allofnothing on topic Re:Address not passing to Authorize.net
...just to clarify, I'm trying to get the address fields to be available on the same screen as the CVC/CVV code. I think this is my final step and I'm ready to rock! Any hints?

-allofnothing

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn