[SOLVED] IPN Paypal CBSubs

14 years 7 months ago #112123 by bengeey
Replied by bengeey on topic Re:IPN Paypal CBSubs
update:

paypal history (IPN) states that the message (Instant Payment Notification (IPN) details) has been sent, but there is still the error on the site.

the live site and the test site are virtually identical, just the test site works & the live site doesn't work.

anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #112126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:IPN Paypal CBSubs
Does the sandbox work on the live site or only localsite? If it works on the live site then it's a misconfiguration on the users paypal account. CBSubs is NOT receiving the IPN or it is, but receiving an error?

Please use the following URL formats in your paypal account:

Instant Payment Notification
Notification URL: www.YOURSITE.com/

Website Payment Preferences
Return URL: www.YOURSITE.com

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #112172 by bengeey
hi...

a quick summary for clarification,

A: live site:
http://(SITEURL).com/main/

B: test site:
(not local host - temporary test site, but online)
http://(SITEURL).com/main/sitetest/test/

both are identical except for the 'test site' has a sandbox account applied to it

the live site comes up with the error:
'Sorry, payment has not been confirmed by Paypal (no IPN received). IPN must be enabled for auto-recurring payment subscriptions.'
- this error occurs after the last paypal stage re-directing the user back to the site.
- paypal sends an email out saying that the transaction was succesful however, and there is a record in the IPN history showing the details of the IPN having been sent, including an ID & URL

- the configuration works with the sandbox, but not the 'live' client paypal account.

I've tried all sorts of configuration formats, but will try what you suggest with the '/' only after the IPN, and not website payment preferences.

I'm collecting a series of screenshots from the client's paypal account & will upload these as soon as I can

All help appreciated, thanks for your replies so far

(pls excuse my delay in replying - lots on)

14 years 6 months ago #112194 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:IPN Paypal CBSubs
You can email me the screenshot, replied to your email.

Let's keep non-confidential info and discussion here.

My guess is that the IPN setting of the customer isn't right at Paypal...

You can check following areas in CBSubs too:
- Notifications
- History Logs (for logs and errors too)

Maybe there is a hint there to the issue...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 6 months ago #112197 by bengeey
thanks Beat - I've sent you the screenshots

maybe you can see what's wrong - it has to be something simple - I've tried to mirror the sandbox & live paypal account as accurately as possible.

I did notice a few minor differences between the live paypal account and the sandbox account - for instance on the sandbox account on the 'Payment Receiving Preferences' page, there is a section that does not appear on the live account - under 'Block accidental payments:', the sandbox has an option that begins 'Block Payments from users who:' - this doesn't appear on the livepaypal account
<br />

Post edited by: bengeey, at: 2009/09/25 12:24

Post edited by: bengeey, at: 2009/09/25 12:25
Attachments:

14 years 6 months ago #112198 by bengeey
thanks for the tip about notifications etc.

there seem to be two types of errors showing in the notifications:

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds