CBsubs Payment gateways API

13 years 10 months ago #134033 by DreamRaven
Replied by DreamRaven on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
It has been almost a year of 'promising soon' for the Gateway API...

Any news?

DreamRaven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134170 by webeddy
Replied by webeddy on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
You guys seriously not only don't provide an API, won't add payment gateways, but ALSO ENCODED THE FILES SO WE CAN'T EVEN HACK IT??

This is insane.

I'm returning my subscriptions right now and going to another platform until this is made right.

PUT OUT THE API OR PUT OUT FILES THAT AREN'T ENCODED. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Troy Anderson - Webeddy.com - 425-401-9523

13 years 10 months ago #135173 by DreamRaven
So, you have been on your sales conference, pushed the product and sold the Gateway API...

Any chance your existing customers might get a look at it?

13 years 10 months ago #135382 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
Gateway API is coming with release of CBSubs 1.1. However, we're possibly planning a middle-man release of CBSubs 1.0.4 (simply a bug fix release) between then and now.

CBSubs 1.1 is moving along full force however we've been taking time for CB preparations for Joomla 1.6.x (J1.6.x development is moving faster than anticipated and are needing to prepare for it). I do apologize for the delays, but we're working as quickly as we possibly can.

We do have plans to POSSIBLY open non-vital parts of CBSubs to allow "core edits" (which we don't support anyway), but CBSubs is locked down for our security and your safety (if your site was compromised and someone could easily core edit CBSubs to direct payments elsewhere it would be devastating). More then likely we'll allow core changes by way of Triggers and not technically release the source, but I can't say for sure.

With release of CBSubs 1.1 and its Payment Gateway API will also be the 2checkout Payment Gateway.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135388 by DreamRaven
So, we have to wait for J1.6 to be released now, before CBSubs 1.1?

Appreciate that you need to support the latest release of Joomla! but how about getting the thing that has been promised for a year for J1.5? You have waiting customers, some who have actually bought the product.

Can't be doing your reputation much good.

There was mention of it appearing after your conference, which I guess we knew was a sales punt. Seems a bit weird to sell some functionality to a listening audience and then not have it present for purchase

13 years 10 months ago #135392 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API

So, we have to wait for J1.6 to be released now, before CBSubs 1.1?

No, believe you misunderstood. We're still working on CBSubs 1.1, but have taken a little time off CBSubs 1.1 to prepare CB for J1.6.x (CB 1.2.3).

Appreciate that you need to support the latest release of Joomla! but how about getting the thing that has been promised for a year for J1.5? You have waiting customers, some who have actually bought the product.

We're still working on CBSubs 1.1 to provide what has been requested and promised. Finalizing the API is not a simple process and takes a lot of testing, preparation, re-writing to prepare. On top of that an extensive documentation will also be necessary.

There was mention of it appearing after your conference, which I guess we knew was a sales punt. Seems a bit weird to sell some functionality to a listening audience and then not have it present for purchase

Are you referring to JandBeyond? It is to be available, but we've had a few delays. Some personal some professional. It can't be helped, we're 3 man team and do all have lives. Some unexpected delays have unfortunately happened, but we're doing the best we can. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds