virtuemart and cbsubs accounts

13 years 9 months ago #137708 by iapmo
virtuemart and cbsubs accounts was created by iapmo
I have a membership/store site using both CBSubs and VirtueMart. Once a VirtueMart store account is created, if that user wants to pay for the CBSubs plan to become a member, it keeps telling them that their e-mail already exists. I've tried every different config setting possible, but I can't get this to work together.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137771 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:virtuemart and cbsubs accounts
iapmo wrote:

I have a membership/store site using both CBSubs and VirtueMart. Once a VirtueMart store account is created, if that user wants to pay for the CBSubs plan to become a member, it keeps telling them that their e-mail already exists. I've tried every different config setting possible, but I can't get this to work together.

CBSubs VirtueMart plugin needs to be used in order to bring CB users into VirtueMart otherwise the userbase will be out of sync and VM will attempt to force the user to register via VMs registration process (which will error as the user already exists).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137776 by iapmo
Replied by iapmo on topic Re:virtuemart and cbsubs accounts
I know that the VM plugin needs to be installed, and it works great. The problem I have is this: when a 'Store Only' account is created, and if that person wants to pay for a CBSubs subscription later on, it finds their existing e-mail in the 'jos_users' table and they can't subscribe to CBSubs.

13 years 9 months ago #137872 by krileon
iapmo wrote:

I know that the VM plugin needs to be installed, and it works great. The problem I have is this: when a 'Store Only' account is created, and if that person wants to pay for a CBSubs subscription later on, it finds their existing e-mail in the 'jos_users' table and they can't subscribe to CBSubs.

Don't understand the issue. Your registered users need to subscribe to CBSubs plans via the subscriptions tab within their profiles. Not sure what a "Store Only" account is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 9 months ago #137911 by iapmo
Replied by iapmo on topic Re:virtuemart and cbsubs accounts
I'm using 'Optional Registration' in Virtuemart, so users can choose to create an account so they can come back and view their previous orders (sorry I used the phrase 'Store Account'). They are added to the 'jos_users' table when they register, but if they decide to pay for a CBSubs plan, it tells them that the e-mail already exists and they can't go further. The CBSubs 'Global Setting - Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions):' says that they should be offered an upgrade if 'No' is selected, but it doesn't work.

Does this explain it better?

13 years 9 months ago #138000 by krileon
You need to be using the CB registration and login process. Sounds as if your users are out of sync.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds