Hiding Fields During Edit

13 years 6 months ago #142610 by scharles
Hiding Fields During Edit was created by scharles
Is there a way to hide certain fields during the edit of a profile that are normally displayed during the initial registration? I have some fields (delimiter fields) that are prompts for the user that I would like to display when they initially register, that I would like to hide when they edit their profile.

I know this question has probably been answered a million times, so I apologize for asking it again... I search the FAQs and all forums for the answer before asking... i really did...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142612 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Hiding Fields During Edit
hmm - try placing these fields in a not for profile show position tab.

13 years 6 months ago #142613 by scharles
Replied by scharles on topic Re:Hiding Fields During Edit
I think I understand what you are suggesting, but I already have a profile form set up with approximately 10 tabs with 10+ fields each. The tabs are organized to help break up the fields into different categories. Then, within each tab, the fields need to behave as follows:

Registraion - all will display
Display - select fields will be hidden
Edit - select fields will be hidden

If I place the fields to be hidden into one tab, how will I be able to selectively hide them during the different states of the document? Also, won't that change the order of my fields on the profile form? (I have the fields specifically placed throughout the form.)

Thanks.

Post edited by: scharles, at: 2010/09/22 17:44

13 years 6 months ago #142685 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hiding Fields During Edit
Setting a field to not display on profile will only affect display purposes, it will still display on registration and profile edit. To disable entire tabs from displaying move them to a not displayed on profile position as nick suggested, again they will still show in registration and profile edit. It's really a matter of trial and error until you've want you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142698 by scharles
Replied by scharles on topic Re:Hiding Fields During Edit
What I think you saying is that there is not a way for me to hide specific fields during edit.

13 years 6 months ago #142773 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hiding Fields During Edit
scharles wrote:

What I think you saying is that there is not a way for me to hide specific fields during edit.

No, to hide a field from profile edit use CB Privacy. Simply edit the field and set its edit parameter to not display. You can also set it to not display to anyone except moderators, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds