CBSubs 1.0 Released!

15 years 1 week ago #95110 by mghiorso
Replied by mghiorso on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Thanks for the reply about ioncube on Mac OS X.

The problem is I have a dual-processor G5 running Leopard, so I need a version of ioncube that i made for ppc 64 bit. That is not available on their site. I've prodded them, but if you guys can request it too, maybe they'll break down and compile the 64 but version for ppc.

-Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95139 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
mghiorso wrote:

Thanks for the reply about ioncube on Mac OS X.

The problem is I have a dual-processor G5 running Leopard, so I need a version of ioncube that i made for ppc 64 bit. That is not available on their site. I've prodded them, but if you guys can request it too, maybe they'll break down and compile the 64 but version for ppc.

-Mark

Wouldn't the 32 bits PPC version work too although maybe slower ? worth a try...

Well if that doesn't work, will raise a customer ticket with them, but I doubt they would invest lots of time in an older server architecture that they most probably can't even test in-house...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #95163 by accxess
Replied by accxess on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Congratulations on getting it out.... FINALLY! but why did you guys have to choose the "per user" pricing model... it really takes the gloss off what could appear to be a great component.

When the rest of the Joomla world is happy to provide a single site option you now have to check users as a part of your code for licence..

The only justification in my mind would be a low entry point for low user numbers and you START at 95Euro which is way out of the league for many small users and sites.

If you had had a 15-25Euro start price and escalation based on realistic numbers, I can see many more sales and growth. On price alone I will not be suggesting this as an option for the many clients I have awaiting a membership solution.

Excited and Disappointed all in the one day.

----
Mark - www.accxess.com
Every new beginning is some other new beginnings end.

15 years 1 week ago #95167 by nicksibbing
Replied by nicksibbing on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
This is great news. Thanks for your great work on CB and the subscription plugin.
When you get a minute could you please let us know what the timeline is for support for international payment options.

We are developing big CB site for members of a not for profit Australian Pet Trainers association. I'd like to use the new Subscription Plugin if possible but it depends on support for Australian credit card gateways eg.
www.eway.com.au/
www.securepaygroup.com.au/

Or any of the main Australian Banks ie Commonwealth, ANZ, Westpac, NAB, Bendigo etc

I see it works with Paypal which is fantastic so we can certainly get started. However if Aust options are not too far away eg months? that would be great news indeed.

Regards
Nick Sibbing
Artful - web, print, design
1300 278 385

15 years 1 week ago #95186 by alfons
Replied by alfons on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
Is it possible to develop your own payment gateway and add it to the existing payment gateway list? Or if you don't have the skills yourself, have it developped. Or is that part subject of encoded source?
Are there any guidelines to use?

15 years 1 week ago #95201 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0 Released!
A lot of more options for payment gateways is on top of our highest-priority items list for the next CBSubs release. We wanted it in 1.0, but as it was a feature and bug-fixes had priority to go stable, it didn't make it. Also, we will be documenting and opening the API for customers and third party developers to be able to leverage the engine inside CBSubs.

I can't give a date yet for the next release as we also want to collect feedbacks from first customers as well before completing the features-list for next release and planing it, but it will be more freequent than the hugely long release cycle of CBSubs 1.0 and CB 1.2, as those releases were milestone-setting releases, and for next few releases, it will be maintenance/features releases.

We are now working a few days on joomlapolis website and are putting things in place to get information organized better, including planing. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds