CBSubs 1.0.1 Released!

14 years 11 months ago #97643 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0.1 Released!
Maggiordomo wrote:

Hi All, if i remove CBSubs 1.0.0 and install the 1.0.1 version i will lose all paramenters and configuration?

Which is the process to update the version without uninstall CBSubs 1.0.0?

Thanks
Magg

Upgrading is very easy.

You can just unistall all CB Plugins and CMS bot and CMS module and install the new ones.

No database changes exist and the database is not deleted during unistall (so all settings, plans, etc are kept intact).

The only things you need to take care of are any language changes made and your module parameters (if you installed and changed any parameters in the CBSubs CMS module).

An expert upgrade by overwriting all files is also possible, but not recommended/supported, as there is no single file for that like with CB, due to the modularity of CBSubs. You would need to already know where all files are located and make sure all are overwritten, which is hard with some ftp applications.

CBSubs plugins, modules and bots versions need to match.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #97651 by alibroon
Replied by alibroon on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0.1 Released!
How/where do I download the updated package?
I can only see the options to upgrade or buy extra licences

14 years 11 months ago #97652 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0.1 Released!
alibroon wrote:

How/where do I download the updated package?
I can only see the options to upgrade or buy extra licences

You can download CBSubs 1.0.1 at same place than you downloaded the first 1.0.0 one: in Downlaods (top menu) -> "CBSubs Download Area" :)

There are 2 files: CBSubs 1.0.1 Package (unzip first) and CBSubs Detailed ocumentation 1.0.1.

The area and files are only visible when logged in and for license-holders of CBSubs.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #97653 by alibroon
Replied by alibroon on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0.1 Released!
:whistle: obvious really...

14 years 11 months ago #97896 by RebelFlicks
Replied by RebelFlicks on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0.1 Released!
Just a note for others who are upgrading:

The following folder may need to be deleted from the server before the new "mods_subs_101-E" can be installed: .../modules/mod_cbsubscriptions.

It is safer to rename old, install new, then delete old after successful installation.

14 years 11 months ago #98129 by Ijon
Replied by Ijon on topic Re:CBSubs 1.0.1 Released!
Sounds great but that price is well... commercial :) In my case only one of cbsubs features would be helpfull (badly) :

Provider - Consumer type use cases

You can use CBSubsTM to provision various provider-consumer type sites. Example: student-teacher sites where teachers and students have different tabs/fields and student cannot see other students grades but teachers can see all student grades. Model-agency sites, where agencies have different profile tabs than models, models cannot see other model pictures but agencies can see all model pictures. Also extra pay may permit models to upload more pictures. There is alot of flexibility and you should be able to make CBSubsTM work for your specific use case.

I would be happy to see some smaller (and cheaper) plugin to handle that one feature mentioned. Something like APC (not available any more) or proma (cannot be trusted? )

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds