Change language problem

13 years 10 months ago #135289 by fdkid
Change language problem was created by fdkid
Hi there, I'm trying to change some language on CBSubs.

I've edited the english.php file under com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish but the changes don't appear on the website.

Since the website didn't picked up the changes made to the file, i decided to deleted it temporarily, in order to test what would happen if the file didn't exist, and curiously, CBSubs Front-end remains unaffected, showing all language, messages and warnings.

I've also deleted and purged all caches.

Any ideas why it's not working for me? Thanks

Post edited by: fdkid, at: 2010/06/11 15:52
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135378 by fdkid
Replied by fdkid on topic Re:Change language problem
Hi guys, here is a pic. The visible text is the one that i need to change. I've looked all over the language files and cannot find them. Also, as i described on the prior post, they remain unchanged after the language file of CBSubs (english.php) was deleted from the system.

I must conclude that this strings are not in it, right? Are they encoded within CBSubs?

If so, how would I change these warnings messages?

Thanks

Post edited by: fdkid, at: 2010/06/11 15:54
Attachments:

13 years 10 months ago #136063 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Change language problem
fdkid wrote:

Hi guys, here is a pic. The visible text is the one that i need to change. I've looked all over the language files and cannot find them. Also, as i described on the prior post, they remain unchanged after the language file of CBSubs (english.php) was deleted from the system.

I must conclude that this strings are not in it, right? Are they encoded within CBSubs?

If so, how would I change these warnings messages?

Thanks

Post edited by: fdkid, at: 2010/06/11 15:54

First sentence string:

"Access to this menu item not allowed without %s"
(and for %s = membership in your case, the setting for subscription in global CBSubs settings, and translated too).

2nd sentence: strings:

"You can access to this %s with following %s plans:"
"menu"
(and the setting for subscription in global CBSubs settings).

I checked all of those are in the english.php language file.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 10 months ago #136082 by fdkid
Replied by fdkid on topic Re:Change language problem
Many thanks beat, it's solved now. It was my mistake. When editing language files, i changed the tags instead of the strings. Consequently, CBSubs couldn't match the encoded tag with the one on language file. A nightmare! cheers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds