Brazilian Translation does not work

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #178975 by arcoinvest
Brazilian Translation does not work was created by arcoinvest
Hello guys,

No longer understand where the english strings are comming from...

System;
joomla 1.7.1
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
CB Paid Subscriptions English Plugin Installed and Enabled

Method Applied;

1 - downloaded english.php from /public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionenglish

2 - translated 99% of the strings with notepad and saved over original english.php with UTF-8 encoding

3 - uploaded translated english.php overwriting the original file on the server

4 - registered as a user, activated registration, logged in and selected to upgrade subscription via CB profile tab

As you can see in attached image joomla recognizes the user as pt-BR the default fronted language (note the search field marked in red showing pt-BR string) but CBSubs insists in showing the strings in english.

Going extreme I`ve downloaded the whole public_html structure and performed a search for "Your membership for payment" on the whole folder and the only place it was found was on ...cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish\english.php that is actually like this; "Your membership for payment:" => "Sua matrícula para pagamento:",

What is going on? How can this be fixed? I`m also attaching the translated file that you may make available to pt-BR users. More than happy to translate the backend as well if you`d like to generate a pt-BR instalation for CBSubs 1.2.2.

Thanks,
Andre

File Attachment:

File Name: english.zip
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #178976 by arcoinvest
Replied by arcoinvest on topic Re: Brazilian Translation does not work
NEW ISSUE - after testing with dummy payment the system logged off the user and the browser redirected to a page warning; The session expired and / or cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please refresh / reload the page before filling.

I have cleaned temp on the browser, claned system with cccleaner + on backend cleared cache, purge expired cache + on akeeba`s admin tools purged sessions, cleaned temp directory + flushed dns via ms-dos + restarted browser and the warning persists not alowing the user to loging.

The only thing I didn`t do was to reboot the modem and pc but I immagine the issue is somewhere else...

12 years 5 months ago #178984 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Brazilian Translation does not work
first issue: please follow instructions for creating a CBSubs language plugin (see documentation - there is a special chapter about this).

For second issue
please turn off Enable anti-spoofing sessions checks" parameter in CB Configuration -> Integrations tab.

12 years 5 months ago #179117 by arcoinvest
Nant,

I have followed the instructions to create my own language plugin but even though it installs ok the website still shows/uses that english strings/files.

Could you guys check, finalize and makethe attached files availible for all users? The whole frontend file has been carefully translated.

I 1st tried naming them as brazilian_portuguese but just as the pt-BR attached it did not work.

File Attachment:

File Name: cbplug_lan...t-BR.zip
File Size:89 KB
Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #179126 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Brazilian Translation does not work
I need you Joomla Brazilian language package in order to test and assist.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #179129 by arcoinvest
here we go. i`m currently on joomla 1.7.1 but these are the most updated files. i`m also attaching CB files just in case. Also on CB 1.7 but again these are the most updated pt-BR files I could find.

File Attachment:

File Name: pt-BR_joom...1.tar.gz
File Size:138 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: brazilian_...b140.zip
File Size:70 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn