Test Payment Gateway Issue

15 years 3 days ago #95826 by solacefsp
Test Payment Gateway Issue was created by solacefsp
I have my 'sandbox' environment up and running and I am working through the flow of the subscriptions system.

I am having troubles with the test payment gateway. I have it configured but whenever I make a 'payment' using it I get an error page. The user and the subscription is in the database but the user end up with a dead page.

I am unable to find any useful logs or debug messages on my server.

I have checked all of the configuration values that I can think of, but I am unable to see any issues.

I have sent the URL, UserId and Password to you in a private message.

Please advise.

Mark,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 days ago #95827 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Test Payment Gateway Issue
What's the error? Have you made sure you're running with the minimum requirements or better?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 3 days ago #95843 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Test Payment Gateway Issue
Got your PM, will check after a few simple questions:

what's this "dead" "error page" ?

Did you login to Paypal sandbox with same browser before starting to try to pay ?

if you turn joomla site debug to on do you get more explicit messages ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 days ago #95852 by solacefsp
Replied by solacefsp on topic Re:Test Payment Gateway Issue
Oh my gawd.

Totally ignore me.

It's a SSL issue with my server.

Should have known it was going to be my config and not your code.

Sorry.

Mark,

15 years 3 days ago #95855 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Test Payment Gateway Issue
No worries. I'm sure this thread will be helpful to others :)
We are all here to learn something each day :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 days ago #95874 by solacefsp
Replied by solacefsp on topic Re:Test Payment Gateway Issue
Well, if we are going to make this thread complete I might as well put in a complete description.

Problem: Using IE7 (might be different in FireFox etc), when you pick any payment gateway that needs to be secured (test, authorize.net etc.) and you get a 'Page Can Not Be Displayed' error (without any other error messages it might be worth checking that your SSL is set up properly.

Test: To be sure that it is an SLL configuration issue, turn of HTTPS on the credit card page in the CBSubs: Settings -> Credit Cards -> Credit-Card Form http(s) mode: -> HTTP. And then test again. If everything works fine, it's a SSL configuration issue.

Solution: Sorry, you're on your own on this one. The number of things that could possibly be wrong with SSL and OPENSSL are way out of my league.

Mark,

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn