Content Encoding Error

14 years 11 months ago #96050 by hjames
Content Encoding Error was created by hjames
I receive the following error when enabling the Content Plugin, it completely shuts down the Frontend of the site and the Backend. The only way to bring things back online is to disable the plugin through phpmyadmin.

I am not sure what the cause of the error would be but here is my setup:

Joomla 1.5.10
CB 1.2 Stable
Legacy Plugin Enabled
PHP5
IonCube Loaded
Anymore.. let me know

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

* Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Thanks,
James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96089 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re:Content Encoding Error
This is directed towards BEAT, if you want to look at my setup for yourself I have it on my Dev site so I can provide some credentials for you to view things if you like.

Just E-mail me and I will get you the details.

Thanks,
James

14 years 11 months ago #96102 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Content Encoding Error
hjames wrote:

This is directed towards BEAT, if you want to look at my setup for yourself I have it on my Dev site so I can provide some credentials for you to view things if you like.

Just E-mail me and I will get you the details.

Thanks,
James

PM sent.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96224 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Content Encoding Error
As discussed off-forum, it's related with site GZip compression ON in your joomla settings on your site.

I activated gZip compression, and it works fine on my test-server with CBSubs 1.0.0++. Could be related to something else.

Anyone else with that particular problem ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96226 by hjames
Replied by hjames on topic Re:Content Encoding Error
The Content Plugin only restricts Content, it does not restrict the Component or Menu access does it?Thanks,James

14 years 11 months ago #96238 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Content Encoding Error
hjames wrote:

The Content Plugin only restricts Content, it does not restrict the Component or Menu access does it?Thanks,James

Yes it does.

You can restrict and menu item, any installed extension, any module, any website URL.

So with last case - any website URL, you can for example protect special forum categories (I tried this with Kuena) for special plans.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn