403 error on content access granted

14 years 11 months ago #96637 by guidoterhorst
403 error on content access granted was created by guidoterhorst
When granting access to a subscription plan to an item which is of access level special, and the user subscribing to this plan is only registered, trying to access this item results in a 403 error.

(I have a menu-item linked to an article category, access granted only to one subscription plan. This article category has joomla access level SPECIAL, and the user is Joomla access level registered only, and subscriber of this plan. Selecting this menu-item results in a 403 error.)

Please confirm the repeatability of this error, so I know it's CBsubs specific.

Thanx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96658 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:403 error on content access granted
CBSubs does not generate an error 403.

If you disable CBSubs mambot (cbpaidsubsbot) and you click that link what do you get ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #96725 by guidoterhorst
Replied by guidoterhorst on topic Re:403 error on content access granted
:cheer: :huh:

It actually seems not connected to CBsubs. It seems to be a Joomla bug. Sorry for posting it as a CBsubs bug here.

The reason I noticed it however is, that I changed a lot of joomla access levels to registered, in order to make things simpler and arrange actual access for special users with the CBsubs restriction, getting invitations up for upgrading plans for entering.

So be aware that when doing so, you don´t grant access to items for which the corresponding user level is insufficient to show the content, because than this error might be te result.

So: a menu item link to an article category which is of access level special clicked by a ¨registered¨ level user will give a JOOMLA error!!! and not a nice ¨not allowed¨ message. Downgrade user acces rights on the category as well if you want to do so.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn