CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect not working!!

14 years 11 months ago #96854 by MADKing
After about four hours of trying all possible configuration the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protecting is not working exactly like it should.

For my understanding after I was reading the documentation twice, the field should not be visible for other user but on own profile.

So, for my understanding if I set-up the field like shown on the pic, it should exactly work like it should, but the field is hidden for both users, not visible for both and it should be for own.

Post edited by: MADKing, at: 2009/04/28 00:34
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
14 years 11 months ago #96855 by beat
There are two settings:

- Field availability by Owner's CB Subs

- Field visibility by Viewer's CB Subs

In actual spec and implementation, the owner must be subscriber of the plan allowing to view, respectively edit the field to be able to see it, respectively edit it.

There is a setting for moderators, too.

Actually if you want owner to see his field and be able to edit it independantly of any plan subscribed then you should just set the "Field availability by Owner's CB Subs:" to "No, normal CB setting".

In your case, it doesn't work as you would expect, probably because you do not create a subscription also for free lifetime plans in global settings. Therefore there is no *subscription* for the *Free* plan, and the trigger doesn't match.

So imho, not a bug, just a powerful feature. ;-)

Works with the setting above ? :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
14 years 11 months ago #96857 by MADKing
Replied by MADKing on topic Re:CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect not working!!
That's what I thought, Beat, and I already tried this (see pic now)
Still can not see the field under my own test profil and of cpurse the free account is Lifetime.
Do I understand something wrong?

Post edited by: MADKing, at: 2009/04/28 01:21
Attachments:
14 years 11 months ago #96858 by MADKing
Lifetime Subscribtion
Attachments:
14 years 11 months ago #96859 by beat
Well, we will re-test that tomorrow, and come back.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
14 years 11 months ago #96863 by MADKing
K. I have to wait then.
I was registering two more test accounts. Same thing.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn