URL of plan to display

14 years 10 months ago #97388 by philcox
URL of plan to display was created by philcox
All

I've just purchased the Subs Module. It's very comprehensive and thorough. As per normal other stuff from you guys the documentation never really explains anything just tells us what we already know. Anyway I have a few issues before I can make this really live.

1) The URL to show any subscription plan doesn't seem to work for me. This is a real pain as apart from registration, I can't link to purchasing subscription!
2) In the users CB profile, users that are not subscribed, I'd like to see the html changed to something like the following:-

You are not currently subscribed. Click here to subscribe and recieve blah blah blah.

With no logic in CB Subscription Profile text it's quite poor.

Something apart from that I'd like to see a questionnaire / survey to help users fill out their profile.

In general a HUGE piece of work by you guys and very well done.

If we can sort out my small problems would be great.

Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #97390 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:URL of plan to display
philcox wrote:

All

I've just purchased the Subs Module. It's very comprehensive and thorough. As per normal other stuff from you guys the documentation never really explains anything just tells us what we already know. Anyway I have a few issues before I can make this really live.

1) The URL to show any subscription plan doesn't seem to work for me. This is a real pain as apart from registration, I can't link to purchasing subscription!
2) In the users CB profile, users that are not subscribed, I'd like to see the html changed to something like the following:-

You are not currently subscribed. Click here to subscribe and recieve blah blah blah.

With no logic in CB Subscription Profile text it's quite poor.

Something apart from that I'd like to see a questionnaire / survey to help users fill out their profile.

In general a HUGE piece of work by you guys and very well done.

If we can sort out my small problems would be great.

Regards,

- Thanks for the compliments, highly appreciated

- documentation: what are you missing ? we are expending on use-cases and adding examples for upcoming CBSubs 1.0.1 documentation. Feedbacks, suggestions, welcome :-)

- plan links are used here and work fine. How do they "not work" ?
a plan must be "subscribable" to be shown.

- You can use the CBSubs module to display any text. Together with the laodmoduleposition joomla mambot, you can display it in any content.

- You can also install the English file and translate any text to another English text to your liking ;)

- Survey/Questionaire would be more for another plugin or joomla component imho ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #97417 by philcox
Replied by philcox on topic Re:URL of plan to display
Hi Beat

Sorry to be a pain but my two issues remain.

The URL to show the plan shows nothing, not on the live nor on my local test. Something is wrong.

I also need the users profile to show current subscriptions and time remaining and a URL to buy subscription but I need you help as using the following in a tab filed in CB Profile fails as it just echos the text and doesn't loaf the module. I do have this syntax working in a piece of content however.

Very very close Beat but I really need your help in getting this right please.

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #97420 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:URL of plan to display
Did you try using the CBSubs module ?

At least to see the links that work ?

I guess that for some reason the plans can't be upgraded to.

E.g.:
- backend only
- for a higher user group
- not upgradable
- not published
- exclusive and prorated, but of lower value than current plan

Try starting with a user without plans, that might help

Also the module is "smart" and won't show plans that can't be reached.

Might help find the reason and debug too.

Hard to tell without knowing the settings...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #97517 by philcox
Replied by philcox on topic Re:URL of plan to display
OK Sorry to have wasted your time Beat.

It's resolved. Upgrade in my book is where I have already bought something.

I just need a way of working out different packing and postage prices for different locations.

Any pointers gratefully recieved.

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #97529 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:URL of plan to display
For the postage and handling issue, a non-automated solution is to find the highest rate zone and use that. That's the solution lots use on Ebay.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn