Uninstalling to reinstall Howto

14 years 11 months ago #98186 by beat
Uninstalling to reinstall Howto was created by beat
Moving this post from article discussion into this forum, as it's uninstallation of CBSubs 1.0.0 related in order to be able to install CBSubs 1.0.1:

brewsmithy wrote:

No, not quite "so easy".

There is no option to uninstall from the CB plug in manager. This means for every new version you try to install, you have to wait to see if you get a warning that the folder already exists then FTP into the server folders and manually rename or delete the folders that the system is making note of, followed by repeating the upload and installation process.

Having said that, when I got to page 59 of the new instruction manual and tried to install the bot_subs_101-E.zip file, the system complained about a single .php file being on the server, which I removed manually. Then it complained about an xml file being on the server, which I removed manually. Now it will not install the file because "Plugin Install: Plugin "cbpaidsubsbot" Already Exists".

Easy fix eh? Uninstall right? No, not quite. . . now "Plugin Uninstall: Manifest File invalid or not found"

Can you please tell me how to correct this error so that I can finish fighting my way through this upgrade?

I would REALLY like to be able to work to finish setting up this software so my users can have access to it.

Thank you in advance

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98188 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Uninstalling to reinstall Howto
Here we are not talking the CBSubs CB plugin, but about the cbpaidsubsbot Joomla plugin.

Joomla 1.5's menus changed compared to Joomla 1.0, specially for uninstalling extensions: it's not anymore located in the plugin/module/component managers, but in the install/uninstall manager, with a tab for each extension type, and there you can uninstall, then just changing tab to re-install.

There is another change in Joomla 1.5: in 1.0, you could still uninstall even if files were missing. In 1.5, files must be there, otherwise you are stuck to do a database edit (not recommended).

- of course there is an otpion to uninstall a joomla plugin: it's not in the plugin manager, but under Extensions -> Install/Uninstall -> Plugins.

- of course if you don't uninstall properly, the CBSubs manual instructions won't work.

To get out of that situation in Joomla 1.5, you need the files, to uninstall. So you would need to:

1. put back the cbpaidsubsbot files into plugin/system with the right ownership and permissions, so joomla can access and delete them (depends on your server and joomla config (ftp layer in particular)
2. Extensions -> Install/Uninstall -> Plugins -> Select the plugin, click delete
3. Extensions -> Install/Uninstall -> Install

That should put you back to tracks.

For next support issues, please open new threads in this CBSubs sub-forum. Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn