Owner?

14 years 11 months ago #96138 by RebelFlicks
Owner? was created by RebelFlicks
The term "Owner" is confusing. I still don't know who it is referring to. Maybe replace this term with Website Owner, Member, Subscriber, etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96142 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Owner?
RebelFlicks wrote:

The term "Owner" is confusing. I still don't know who it is referring to. Maybe replace this term with Website Owner, Member, Subscriber, etc.

"Owner" is confusing, since it's a WIP feature :)

Actually, it's already very powerful, so we didn't hide it in 1.0 :)

Use it only with numbers below 50 for forward compatibility.

Basically, it's "Owner of the gateway account".

It allows to specify the owner of the gateway account.

Then it allows to specify the owner of the plan.

Then when someone purchases a plan, it will propose the payment gateways corresponding to the owner.

By default all owners are 0 so it does work fine: all gateways/payment means are proposed for all plans.

Example usages:

- a given merchandise product should be paid to a given paypal account:
just create a payment gateway with owner id = 1 and do same for the plan.

- a given plan should be paid offline by bank transfer because of the higher cost:
put owner id = 1 to the offline gateway plan, and to plan. Plan will show that offline gateway, and the offline gateway won't be proposed as payment method for other plans with owner id = 0.

- separate account for donations

- resellers

- affiliates

- many more in future ;)

Hope that clarifies, and gives a small glimpse of the built-in possibilities as well ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #106364 by tdesvages
Replied by tdesvages on topic Re:Owner?
Well, I kind of dreamt of this feature ;-)
Yet... with possibility to create 1 invoice per owner... otherwise my company information will be on every invoices even if it's other's companies plans.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds