Integration Emails not sending... And questions

14 years 9 months ago #100617 by fdkid
Hi there,

I'm having problems understanding how the Integrations / Emails Tab works. I set up different plans and cannot get those emails to fire up. Here is a description of my workflow.

User registers.

Email on first activation from Presentation is sent.
Pending Activation email from CB is sent.
After link activation, Welcome Message Email from CB is sent.
Email at manual renewal and cancellation send ok.
When an account is expired however, no email is sent. The "Email on expiration" from Presentation Tab is sent out only when a user login for the first time after its membership expired. (Is this normal, or this email should be sent at the time of the expiration?)
No email from the integrations / emails tab is sent.

This is how i set everything up.
Joomla 1.5.10
CB 1.2.1 using
CBSubs 1.0.1

Plan information:
Duration: 15 min
Payment gateway: Paypal (Sandbox)
Renewable in advance by: Only after expiration
Grace Period before real expiration: none
Auto-recurring renewals (*): No, Single payments at a time

On integrations / email tab on each email messages I use:

To field: [emailaddress], admin@emailaddress.com

I have followed the instructions from the manual:

"This sub-tab (emails) will allow you to specify email message templates that will be sent when certain plan events take place. ... You may also use CB field replacement strings like [cb_fieldname]. To send a message to the actual subscriber being activated just use the [emailaddress] replacement string.

This is the only reference i've found on the forum:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,96/id,98576/#98576

I have set up another plan to test Paypal subscriptions.

Duration: 1 day
Payment gateway: Paypal (Sandbox)
Renewable in advance by: Only after expiration
Grace Period before real expiration: none
Auto-recurring renewals (*): yes: subscribe user to automatic recurring payments.

For this plan I have two questions:

1- A subscription was created at 4:30 pm, expecting to automatically renew at same hour next day. It did. However, no emails were sent. 12 hrs later, an "Email on first activation" from Presentation was received, in regards on that subscription payment. Email on first activation help says "not on renewals", but it seems to send every time a subscription renews using Paypal subscriptions.

Is this normal?

2 - On this plan, i have also tried Auto-recurring renewals (*): User's choice: leave choice to user. I havent been able to see where the user can actually choose. The workflow continues until it reaches paypal payment page and once there is either a subscription or a one time payment.

Where exactly along the registration workflow the users are able to choose their recurring payment options?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #100748 by krileon
Known issue, new e-mail plugin will be available in next mini-release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #100755 by fdkid
Thanks krileon,

Do you have an estimate for that release? I'm not going to be able to go live with CBSubs until this issue is cleared. Considering CBSubs is a paid component I must say i'll appreciate more info.

Do you have any answer for my other questions about the subscriptions workflow?

1- "When an account is expired however, no email is sent. The "Email on expiration" from Presentation Tab is sent out only when a user login for the first time after its membership expired. Is this normal, or this email should be sent at the time of the expiration?"

2- A subscription was created at 4:30 pm, expecting to automatically renew at same hour next day. It did. However, no emails were sent. 12 hrs later, an "Email on first activation" from Presentation was received, in regards on that subscription payment. Email on first activation help says "not on renewals", but it seems to send every time a subscription renews using Paypal subscriptions.

3- "Where exactly along the registration workflow the users are able to choose their recurring payment options?"

Thanks very much

14 years 9 months ago #100928 by fdkid
hi there,

Hope you're all doing well. I have respect for your products and the work that you do. I've adopted your solution for my membership sites and I think it's unbeatable, Joomla wise.

However, please understand that without proper support it's very difficult to have it ready and running, given it's a new product with a 240 pages manual, plus the complexities associated with it. (Joomla, CB, Paypal and integrations, etc). I don't mean to bring a bad vibe to this message, but I really need that someone answer my questions.

I first posted and elaborated message and got a "wait for next release" two lines response. The integration emails tab issue was not the only matter addressed on my message. I replied asking one more time and got silence. I don't think is fair that I wait for the next release to have my questions answered. I usually wait until i got a response from you, and I must say that I always got a good one that really helped me out, thus no complains.

However, right now I need to clear those issues out in order to make informed decisions about CBSubs and be able to go live even if I do it without those emails working. The development of my prototype is stalled due to the issues mentioned in my first email.

Will you help?

Thanks

Post edited by: fdkid, at: 2009/06/03 21:41

14 years 9 months ago #101028 by krileon
  1. Please clarify, but I believe it's working as intended.
  2. First activation e-mail sent for a renewal 12 hours after renewal? Are you sure this wasn't from a new subscription that triggered the new e-mail?
  3. It's available at payment when paying with credit card, etc.. You'll see 2 buttons 1 to pay just for the renewal 1 to pay every month, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #101051 by fdkid
Hi krileon, thanks for your response.

1. If the account expires for instance at 5:00pm, should the "expired account email" be automatically sent at 5:00 pm? Or will it be sent when at user login after its account is expired? On the test account (one time payment), the "expired account email" was sent when the user logged in, and not at the time the account expired. I expected that email to be sent at the time of expiration. But really don't know how it works.

2. No because the site was not live. This was a paypal subscription plan with recurring payments. I have identifiers for every email while testing, this way I know which email was sent and received. First time it renewed, i got a "First activation e-mail", i'm sure. This test account was created on May 29th, 1 day duration. It renewed for two days in a row and stopped renewing on Jun 1st (I believe is because I was not logged to sandbox) but really don't know why. Today Jun 4, i received another email referring to this account. This time was a "renewal email" but it was received 4 days later.

3. I've seen the payment options you've mentioned. So far I can only see Paypal subscriptions and pay offline. The plan set up has "Auto-recurring renewals (*): User's choice: leave choice to user". maybe a configuration issue on my end so i'll look up deeper.

Thanks again. Do you offer setup services? That will be great, it could help avoiding this little issues. Pls let me know. All the best

Post edited by: fdkid, at: 2009/06/04 18:10

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn