'Payment Item Text' not correct at PayPal checkout

14 years 10 months ago #102101 by djackso1
My Setup:
Joomla 1.0.15
CB 1.2.1
CB Subs 1.0.1

When checking out at PayPal, the 'Payment Item Text' is not displaying on the PayPal payment screen. Instead a generic description is provided - the line item description reads "Subscription for [user name] at [name of website]. The actual user name and website name are substituted, I used brackets here to demonstrate that some data is passed to PayPal.

I am referring to the 'Payment Item Text' that is configured on the 'Pricing' tab for each plan.

The 'Payment Item Text' does display as expected on invoices, just not at PayPal.

I am using the default text for the 'Payment Item text' field : [PREFIX_TEXT] [PLANS_TITLE]: [ITEM_NAME][VALIDITY_IF_NOT_AUTORECURRING] for [NAME]

I am using this same string for the 'Payment processor item text (short):' field as well.

I have tried substituting a few different strings for these two fields and even tried leaving both blank. The only thing that was effected was the way the text displayed on the invoice. Nothing changed at PayPal.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #102201 by beat
djackso1 wrote:

My Setup:
Joomla 1.0.15
CB 1.2.1
CB Subs 1.0.1

When checking out at PayPal, the 'Payment Item Text' is not displaying on the PayPal payment screen. Instead a generic description is provided - the line item description reads "Subscription for [user name] at [name of website]. The actual user name and website name are substituted, I used brackets here to demonstrate that some data is passed to PayPal.

I am referring to the 'Payment Item Text' that is configured on the 'Pricing' tab for each plan.

The 'Payment Item Text' does display as expected on invoices, just not at PayPal.

I am using the default text for the 'Payment Item text' field : [PREFIX_TEXT] [PLANS_TITLE]: [ITEM_NAME][VALIDITY_IF_NOT_AUTORECURRING] for [NAME]

I am using this same string for the 'Payment processor item text (short):' field as well.

I have tried substituting a few different strings for these two fields and even tried leaving both blank. The only thing that was effected was the way the text displayed on the invoice. Nothing changed at PayPal.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Some payment processors like Paypal have very short strings for description, so they are set separately in:

Global -> Display -> Baskets -> Payment basket and gateway item text

in Payment basket item text, and that's where the aliases are put together with by default:

[ITEMS_ALIASES] for [USERNAME]

Change that and it should change your paypal item line :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #102205 by djackso1
Thank you Beat! Worked perfectly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn