Duplicate payment but no duplicate payment

14 years 8 months ago #103789 by Aly
Several of my members who have renewed through the new SBSubs set up (all via Paypal) seem to be generating double payments -- but only 1 payment has actually been made. This bug (?) pushes their expiration date an extra year -- which is NOT good for business :unsure:

Is this a known issue? I am unsure what exactly is taking place. Basket shows 2 payments, both with same transaction ID, but in Paypal only 1 payment is processed. There is NO auto-renewal set up for these people.

In most cases (almost 30 renewals generated so far) it is working correctly.

J 1.5.11 CB 1.2.1 and CBSubs 1.0.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #103795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Duplicate payment but no duplicate payment
Could you please specify more specificlly how many are experiencing this. A ratio of 1 out of 4 has the problem, etc.. This will help determine if it's user error (mashing the button too many times, hitting refresh a bunch, etc..).

Need more information in order to try and duplicate and fix. Are there any errors about this in the error log?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #103805 by Aly
2 people, 2 different days out of total 25 payments (though 2 of the 25 may be the duplicates)

I honestly do not know how to look through these logs in CBSubs to figure out what I need to tell you. In Notifications some transactions show just 1 line:

IPN VERIFIED Completed

but some (including the users who were doubled) show multiple entries:

IPN VERIFIED COMPLETED
and
PDT SUCCESS COMPLETED

Would it help if I gave you access to look at it?

14 years 8 months ago #103812 by beat
Aly wrote:

2 people, 2 different days out of total 25 payments (though 2 of the 25 may be the duplicates)

I honestly do not know how to look through these logs in CBSubs to figure out what I need to tell you. In Notifications some transactions show just 1 line:

IPN VERIFIED Completed

but some (including the users who were doubled) show multiple entries:

IPN VERIFIED COMPLETED
and
PDT SUCCESS COMPLETED

Would it help if I gave you access to look at it?

Yes, please PM me details to access and which users/payment had this issue. To PM me, you can do it from my profile here, and just use the icon at bottom left of this post to get there. Also add url to this post, so we know what it's regarding ;)

I don't see this behavior here and in other sites, so a look might help understand.

PDT and IPN are just 2 different notification methods, but certainly doesn't count double, or shouldn't at least... :S

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #103816 by Aly
Thank you :)
PM has been sent

14 years 8 months ago #103860 by beat
Aly wrote:

Thank you :)
PM has been sent

Got your PM, thank you, quickly looked at history logs and there seems to be a problem.

Will need to look into more details in next days, to try to understand the issue.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn