Cannot view plan before approving members

14 years 8 months ago #104018 by michaedt
I have yet to find a way to view the plan of members BEFORE they are approved. I can view their profile information, but I cannot tell which plan they have chosen, making it very difficult to see if they qualify for the plan. New member plans are not viewable via the front end or the admin plugin. They only appear AFTER the member has been approved (which currently requires some guesswork). I've tried many different configurations without success.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #104027 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot view plan before approving members
A plan does not become active until a user can actually login properly and use the site. You don't see the subscriptions because currently they don't necessarily exist. They're in pending state.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #104030 by michaedt
Replied by michaedt on topic Re:Cannot view plan before approving members
Exactly my point. The "pending state" should be available to the admin.
Perhaps an example will clarify the problem.
Let's say that a user applies for a subscription to be a "Student Member" of a professional society. They enter contact info, etc., etc., but choose the plan "Full Professor" by mistake (or do so on purpose, hoping to take advantage of more benefits...trust me, it happens more than you think).
As an administrator, I have no way of knowing which plan they actually chose before I approve them as a member. According to their profile (and sometimes follow-up by phone), I learn that they are a qualified student, so I approve them. Then they login, pay their "Full Professor" dues (which I was not aware of), and enjoy a membership for a plan they don't deserve. At this point I must manually search for these anomalies by searching for certain fields that give them away as a student.
I understand the workflow of the CB sub component, but I feel strongly that this is a significant oversight. All three of my clients that use this plugin (with several more on the horizon) ask the same question and I don't have an answer.
Am I making sense.

Post edited by: michaedt, at: 2009/07/07 05:32

14 years 8 months ago #104064 by beat
michaedt wrote:

I have yet to find a way to view the plan of members BEFORE they are approved. I can view their profile information, but I cannot tell which plan they have chosen, making it very difficult to see if they qualify for the plan. New member plans are not viewable via the front end or the admin plugin. They only appear AFTER the member has been approved (which currently requires some guesswork). I've tried many different configurations without success.

In backend user edit you can view the plans, also the unpaid ones :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #104073 by michaedt
Replied by michaedt on topic Re:Cannot view plan before approving members
I think I finally solved the problem.

The following must be set in the Global Plugin settings in order to view the plans in the user manager before approving members.

Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): NO
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: YES

These settings force all users to have a plan (even free members who do not choose a subscription plan), and thus the plugin can keep track of plans before approval.

If the settings are reversed (which is what I had), then the plan will always be listed as "None: Lifetime subscription for free" --- the actual plan will not appear in the user manager until the member is approved.

14 years 8 months ago #104167 by beat
michaedt wrote:

I think I finally solved the problem.

The following must be set in the Global Plugin settings in order to view the plans in the user manager before approving members.

Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): NO
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: YES

These settings force all users to have a plan (even free members who do not choose a subscription plan), and thus the plugin can keep track of plans before approval.

If the settings are reversed (which is what I had), then the plan will always be listed as "None: Lifetime subscription for free" --- the actual plan will not appear in the user manager until the member is approved.

Oh, that's a good catch. Thanks for finding the reason and workaround.

Marking for review:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn