language plugin problem

14 years 8 months ago #104823 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re:language plugin problem

but the form is sent anyways.

Correction: the form is not actually sent for registration, I'm redirected to the registration page with the same pop up message in the upper part of the form.

Arunas Mazeika
WeXtend.com - Professional development for Joomla!.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #104842 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:language plugin problem
My inputs do not have the required part either, but still giving me the required pop up.

Could you please follow the self help link in my signature and do as many possible steps followed by reporting back if solved or with the requested information?

Thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #104872 by amazeika
Ok I got the sucker :sick: .

To replicate this, none of your available plans should be exclusive. My first and only available plan is not.

Make only only non-exclusive plan published and you'll get the error.

Exclusivity should not be imposed so I think this is a bug.

Arunas Mazeika

14 years 8 months ago #104874 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:language plugin problem
Just trying to understand:

You are requiring a subscription (do not allow free registered users), but then make your only plan non-mandatory/exclusive ?

Any issue with making that single plan mandatory/exclusive (and while at it, default too) ?

Then you wouldn't have that error to handle (and more importantly your user too :) ).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #104878 by amazeika
Hi Beat,

I already done what you suggested, so I won't have that message anymore neither my clients.

The problem relies in the interpretation of the exclusive concept. Exclusive means that if two or more exclusive plans exist at the same level, only one of them can be selected. Exclusivity have nothing to do with mandatory.

I believe that if I have only one or multiple plans available and any of them can be chose in any possible combination, why should at least one of them be exclusive in order to avoid this quirky message.

If you believe that I'm wrong, you should explain this better in the doc because I've put a lot of effort and time trying to get over this problem.

Arunas Mazeika

14 years 8 months ago #104913 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:language plugin problem
Yes, sorry about that, but in our case, exclusive also means mandatory.

We will improve that in doc concepts as well.

Maybe a big:

exclusive = also mandatory

in the concepts of doc ?

It's already in the settings for upcoming CBSubs 1.0.2.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/07/14 20:50

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn