CB SUBS - MODERATORS menu item TO EDIT PROFILE

14 years 8 months ago #105118 by lovenetwork
Hello!

I want to create an moderator account so he can edit all profiles from front end.

I found here on the forum a link to do so:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=ITEMID&task=userDetails&uid=USERID

It works fine but i wanted a link on the each profile page that could be clicked and that specif profile could be edited.

Pasting the link on the browser and changing userid isn't a DREAM SOLUTION... how can i put a button, menu item, link or whtever that will take me straight to edit the profile withut having to copy / paste and change userid

Regards

Marcio

Love Network - www.lovenetwork.net.au

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #105128 by krileon
CB Content module (available to mycommunity users and document subscribers) will display the menu that is displayed at the top of a profile in a module. The menu link to edit a profile on a profile other then your own while logged in as a module will edit the profile of the user you're viewing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #105224 by lovenetwork
Replied by lovenetwork on topic Re:CB SUBS - MODERATORS menu item TO EDIT PROFILE
CB SUBS Subscribers don't get them? :(

14 years 8 months ago #105249 by krileon
I don't understand what you're asking.

You are wanting CBSubs to control someones access to edit other users profile?

Access tab for the plan, set it to change their ACL to whatever user group you set as CB moderator.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #105470 by lovenetwork
Replied by lovenetwork on topic Re:CB SUBS - MODERATORS menu item TO EDIT PROFILE
i want to have a link on profile pages that only a moderator can see that when the moderator click it can edit that specific profile.

i have set a field already where i set as Editor text area, and set a default value to:

<a href="www.mydomain/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=91&task=userDetails&uid=">> edit profile

but i have to manually insert the uid value.... how can i get the uid automatically?

14 years 8 months ago #105493 by krileon
You can add the userid by using substitutions. Please review the substitutions tutorial accessed from the tutorial link in my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn