Hidden Plans are Shown

14 years 8 months ago #106583 by carlosleon0615
Hidden Plans are Shown was created by carlosleon0615
I think I found a major bug, unless I'm doing something wrong.

In order to entice some customers to migrate from a previous site to this new one powered by CBSubs, I wanted to create some "special" plans for them. The idea was to send a special link to these customers that would allow them to register using one of these "special plans". This way I'd also ensure that these "special" plans would be HIDDEN from the general public.

Thus, I created these "special" plans with the following settings under the "Workflows" tab:

- Allow Registration: Yes
- Propose spontaneously plan at registration: No: hide this plan from registration, unless included in URL or needed for access

Bug 1:
The URL for a plan is displyed under a field that reads:
Url of plan to display only this plan (',' to display multiple plans)
Followed by a URL similar to this:

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=8

According to the on-screen help, to use a URL that displays "multiple plans", they simply need to be separated by a comma. So I replaced the end of the url from "plans=8" with "plans=8,9". Unfortunately, this didn't work as ONLY plan 8 would be displayed as an option.

Possible Bug 2:
When the general public goes to the registration page, these "special plans" are correctly hidden. However, when a user clicks on a menu pointing to a component restricted by my plans, all plans appear, INCLUDING the "special plans" I wanted hidden from the general public!

Questions:

1. Are you able to reproduce bug #1? Is this fixed in CBSubs 1.0.2?
2. Is bug #2 indeed a bug or expected behavior? If it is expected, this seems to be an odd behavior. Why would we want to hide them from the general public in the registration page but show them in restricted areas?
3. Is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do (hide plans from the general public and only show them for special customers?). Otherwise, could you consider changing this odd behavior (or adding it as a new feature) for the next maintenance release?

Thanks,

Carlos
P.S. Using Joomla 1.5.12, CB 1.2.1 and CBSubs 1.0.1.
Upgrading to CBSubs 1.0.2 is not possible as I had to downgrade to CBSubs 1.0.1 due the following bug in CBSubs 1.0.2:
HUGE ISSUE: Account & Subscription NOT Activated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106584 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hidden Plans are Shown
Bug 1 is a typo in the tooltip, this is fixed in CBSubs 1.0.2; It's &plans=8-9.

Bug 2 is not a bug, but working as intended. Please re-read properly the tooltip.

- Propose spontaneously plan at registration: No: hide this plan from registration, unless included in URL or needed for access.

3. Examine the plan with Firebug for Firefox and see about hiding the plan with CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106585 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:Hidden Plans are Shown
Thanks for your quick reply krileon.

Please re-read properly the tooltip.

I did read it, and that's why I wrote "Possible bug" as the tooltip is not very extensive. I was hoping to find more details about it in the user manual but it does Not mention anything at all about this option.

That's also why my question remains:

Why would we want to hide them from the general public in the registration page but show them in restricted areas?

3. Examine the plan with Firebug for Firefox and see about hiding the plan with CSS.

Does this mean you wouldn't consider changing this behavior that seems odd or having a new feature?

Maybe I just didn't understand your reply since I haven't used Firebug. Would you mind expanding on what you mean?

Thanks again,

Carlos

14 years 8 months ago #106589 by krileon

Why would we want to hide them from the general public in the registration page but show them in restricted areas?

The idea behind this is to have functional plans that won't be displayed as upgrade or registration. For them to be URL and access based plans only. In other words the only way to gain access to the restricted area is to navigate to it and subscribe from that area. This means you could set all your plans to do this and then hide/unpublish the subscription tab for a nice flush look avoiding a tab.

Does this mean you wouldn't consider changing this behavior that seems odd or having a new feature?

No, please don't take my response out of context. I did not and do not develop CBSubs, it too is encoded to me as is to you. I solely develop the integrations. So adding this feature is not in my realm of capability and thus I have no reign whether it'll be implemented or not. It's possible it might be, but I can not give you a definite answer.

Maybe I just didn't understand your reply since I haven't used Firebug. Would you mind expanding on what you mean?

Firebug lets you inspect the elements on a page, such as DIVs, INPUTS, etc.. This will reveal an elements CSS class. You can then take this CSS class and add it to your template to hide a plan. As you can see when creating a plan you can actually define a class. This is a perfect scenario for such usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106595 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:Hidden Plans are Shown
Once again, thank you krileon for taking the time to reply really fast.

I have no reign whether it'll be implemented or not. It's possible it might be, but I can not give you a definite answer.

Do you know what the formal process is to request a new feature?

In the meantime, I'll give the CSS option a try. Thanks for giving me more info about this.

Regards,

Carlos

14 years 8 months ago #106631 by krileon
carlosleon0615 wrote:

Once again, thank you krileon for taking the time to reply really fast.

I have no reign whether it'll be implemented or not. It's possible it might be, but I can not give you a definite answer.

Do you know what the formal process is to request a new feature?

In the meantime, I'll give the CSS option a try. Thanks for giving me more info about this.

Regards,

Carlos

It's already a formal request and in the system. The CSS method should work flawlessly though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn