[SOLVED] Content protected & Subscriptions shown, but Upgrade button shows not authorized

2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #324303 by Pomond
Hi!

I'm hoping to do some marketing of our "exclusive" content protected by CB Subscriptions by showing Public users links to our protected content, and then when they click on it, they're shown available Subscription plan options. (Or they just go straight to the content if they're already logged in on an authorized account.)

When I link to one of these protected URLs (for example, mckinleypark.news/neighborhood/crime-reports or mckinleypark.news/neighborhood/crime-reports/1529-theft-on-march-30-2021-at-36xx-s-archer-ave), and I'm not logged in on the website, our two available CB Subs subscription plans are shown, along with an "Upgrade" button.

However, clicking this Upgrade button shows a message stating:
You are not authorized to view this page!
You need to log in.
No result.

Obviously, we want the user to be able to sign up when presented with the relevant Subscription options.

What is being protected at these URLs are Categories of Joomla Articles, including protection of the Category lists. The appropriate Plans in CB Subs have been configured to allow access to these categories.

Note that in addition, the Articles and Categories we want to protect have their Access set to a custom ACL group called "Premium Content." When a user signs up, CB Subs has been set to promote a successfully paid member to a "Subscriber" or "Gold Subscriber" Joomla User Group, and both of these are included in the "Premium Content" Access Control List.

The login for Subscribers and the other payment (via the main Registration page) has been working fine. We'd like to get this tuned up so we can effectively market our subscriber-only content. Please let me know here. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324304 by krileon
Ensure both CB and CBSubs are up to date and see if issue persists. There was a regression bug that's now fixed. If issue persists it's likely a menu access issue. Try turning SEO off then retry and see if the button works and if it doesn't check the Itemid in the URL and match it to the menu item it's using to ensure that menu item has public access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324308 by Pomond
I had been running the most recent versions of all software, but then saw yesterday's updates for Community Builder and CBSubs, and I applied them last night. This seems to have taken care of the issue: Now, when a non-logged-in user visits a protected URL, they see the suggestions and the registration form as they should (and logged-in users see the upgrade options).

I appreciate the prompt reply and assistance, as Joomlapolis always provides. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn